Chapter 6 [Late]

You and Eddie have been dating for a while now. 3 months on this day to be exact. You and him have been staying over at his house for a while because your dad didn't approve of you dating him when he came home from his business trip.
     You wake up suddenly at 5:00 in the morning needing to throw up. You run into the bathroom and start hurling yourself into the toilet. Eddie wakes up from you jumping out of bed and comes to see what's wrong. Once you stop throwing up you feel a hand on your back to comfort you. "SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT!" You scream jumping up and grabbing clothes to put on. Eddie runs into his room and grabs your shoulders. "Y/n what's going on? You're scaring me." "Eddie" You say with a shaky voice. "I'm late.." You say with tears streaming down your face. "Late for wh- Oh shit" He says finally realizing what you meant. "I'm not letting you drive to the store like this. You'll crash. I'm driving" He says pulling you into a tight hug. You can hear him sniffling into the crook of your neck. "Hey. It's going to be okay, I promise." You say cooing to him while his head is in your chest, his arms still wrapped around you.
You both drive to the nearest pharmacy that's open and grab 2 pregnancy tests just incase one is a false positive. You both drive home and you drink as much water as possible to make you have to pee. After about 15 minutes. You grab a plastic cup and go into the bathroom. You come out to Eddie pacing back and forth from the kitchen into the living room. "Babe" You say trying to break him from the trance he's in. He quickly looks up to you waiting for your response. "I haven't event put them in yet hun" You say seeing the scared expression on his face. You put the tests into the cup and put the cap back on. You turn to him and hug him. "What are we going to do if I am pregnant Eddie?" You ask with teary eyes. "I don't know hun, that's up to you to decide. But you already know I'll do anything for you and that baby." He says grabbing your arms slightly, looking you in the eyes. "And what if I'm not?" You say as tears stream down your face. "Then again, I'll still be here for you no matter what." He says feeling bad that you're crying. He pulls you into a tight hug while the timer goes off for the 2 minutes you had to wait for the results. You pull away from him to go look at the tests. "I can't do it babe, I'm too scared." You say with a shaky voice. Your knees start to tremble, making you fall. Eddie quickly catches you and sits on the floor with you for a minute before picking you up and setting you on the couch. He goes into the kitchen and grabs the tests, not peeking at what the answers are. He hands you the tests and you set them down.

Eddie's POV:
     I was so scared of what the answer was going to be. Yeah I wanted to have kids with her. She's the love of my life. I really don't know what I'd do without her. I just didn't expect this to happen so soon. But no matter what the test says I'll always love her with everything in me. And if she chooses to keep the baby then I'm okay with that. I know I screwed up by forgetting to remind her to take her pill, but she's been on it for so long that I thought she'd remember. All of the sudden I see her start shaking, like she's going to fall. Then I see her start tumbling down, trying to grab anything she can to catch herself. I swing behind her and grab her arms as she falling, setting her on the floor for a second while I give her a hug and kiss on the top of the head to calm her down. It's worked every other time, so it should work now. Right? I start to lay my head down in the crook of her neck, but before I can get there she starts to hyperventilate from crying so much. I don't know what to do so I pick her up bridal style and take her to the couch. I cradle her for a few minutes to make sure she's okay, reminding her to breathe so she can calm down. Once she stops crying I get up and grab the tests on the counter, making sure not to look at the answers. I hand them to her, she sets them down not wanting to look yet. Just as she's about to turn them over we hear banging on the door. "Y/n please let me in" A familiar voice says outside the door. I look through the peek hole and see Dustin.

Y/n's POV:
Eddie looks through the peek hole in the door and mouths the words "It's Dustin" I quickly hide the tests in my hoodie pocket and get up to put them in the bedroom. Eddie let's Dustin in the house and I can hear faint voices talking in the living room. "Hey kid, what are you doing here?" "Eddie. Where's y/n. I need to talk to her." "Im pretty sure she's in the bathroom, If not she's in my room." I can hear footsteps coming down the hallway so I quickly put the tests in the drawer and start acting like I'm changing. "Dustin I'm changing, don't come in the bedroom" I yell from the room. I take a quick look at the tests "Negative." Thank god. I don't know if I would've been able to handle a baby just yet. I quickly get changed and head out into the kitchen, asking Dustin if he wants anything to eat or drink while he's here. All he asks for is water. I grab myself some food and ask Eddie to come into the kitchen with me and give Dustin his water I quickly write down that it's negative and hand it to Eddie while he's standing in the kitchen. He looks down and gives a sigh of relief. I know he wants one eventually, but neither of us can afford a baby. I make Eddie go get changed for school. Once he's dressed we all take off for school