That's messed up -E.O

Start from the beginning

She chose to buy a nice and cozy apartment with only 2 rooms besides the living room. She doesn't see the point of big and empty houses. She wants to feel at home there, not at a museum or something like that.

She drives an electric car, nothing flashy. Wears good quality normal clothes. Something that will last her a long time before she needs to replace them. 

Again, she doesn't see the point in flashy 'expensive' clothes. A lot of them are of bad quality and break after a few times wearing them. Plus, in most of them, you're only paying for the brand.

And she decided to take shifts as a bartender at one of her clubs to see how her employers work and behave during work hours. Also to know if the club needs changing in some areas or not.

What better way to find the wrongs if not getting to work herself? That's what a good boss is, in her opinion. Someone who doesn't shy away from working themselves and isn't afraid to hear their business being talked about badly by the workers themselves. 

That's how she managed to create such a good environment in her clubs. She got rid of everybody who was not doing their job properly or complaining too much or even trying to take advantage of customers.

Her clubs, despite being clubs, were a safe space for everyone and she loved that. Security is always doing its job and making sure people who could be a threat to others are not going inside. The bartenders make sure no one is putting anything in others' drinks and keep an eye out for creeps who can't take a no for an answer. 

All of that and no one really knows who the owner is. Emma tried to keep her identity as the boss, secret. Only her managers knew about her name and what she looks like. But she picked the best people to not tell her secret.

Later on, when they were both cuddling in the bathtub, Lizzie turned her head around and looked at Emma.

"My friends want to meet you." She says softly.

"Then, they'll meet me." Emma nodded and kisses Lizzie's head.

"Will you tell them about you?" The blonde turns around completely.

"Yeah, I will give them details about me." Emma nodded.

"About your wealth, I meant." Lizzie clarifies.

"No, I don't think I would." Emma shakes her head. "I've seen how people treat me differently when they hear about my money." 

"Okay, I'm here supporting you regardless of what you'll choose." Lizzie leaned and gave her a short kiss.

"Thank you. I really appreciate that." Emma nodded gratefully before leaning in and kissing her again.

"That's what girlfriends are for." Lizzie responded cheekily.

"I love you." Emma captured her lips once again.

"I love you too." Lizzie gasped out before giving the kiss all that she has.

When they first started dating, Emma kept from Lizzie the fact that she was rich and only told her after a few months of them dating. Only when she knew Lizzie was the real deal and would not treat her differently. 

Lizzie could not care less about the news. When she first found out, she literally shrugged and said okay before going back to the movie they were watching.

Nothing changed after that, they were already switching with paying for their dates. They were giving each other flowers and other small things either way. 

But the bond between them got stronger. 

The next day, Emma was back behind the bar making drinks and watching people have a great time. She is supposed to finish earlier so she could go and meet Lizzie's friends.