Chapter-66 Sandra

This is a double update. Make sure you've read chapter 65 before this.

When Mazarine was sixteen and Elijah was nineteen years old

No. No. This cannot happen.

If they could hear and see me then that means Elijah could hear me too.

What if they said was true then together we could overthrow them.

Yes, that's it. I can do this.

"Elijah," I screamed hoping he would come.

"Eli," I screamed again.

But all I heard was Rina and Ryle's laugh.

What the hell?

"Except us, no one can see or feel you." Rina shook her head.

What the hell?

That's not possible.

"That's super possible when you are in our place kid," Ryle lifted me with his magic and threw me on the wall again.

No, I need to escape. I need to go back, tell my parents what I heard, and with them, I should come to rescue Elijah.

"Please, I promise not to tell anything. Leave me. Please." I struggled to move so that I can stand up and run. But all I could feel was exhaustion and pain.

Both of us are completely exhausted that neither of us could get energy from each other.

Closing my eyes, I tried to go back again.

It was as if like he is physically holding me. I couldn't do anything but let him do as he wishes.

"We should torture her so that he'll die," Rina spoke as she stood in my hand, twisting her legs.

Pain curled inside me. I wanted to scream. But I held back my screams concentrating all my leftover energy on Elijah so that he won't feel any pain.

"That won't be necessary. They are already on the verge of death. All we have to do is cage her here. She'll automatically die."

Ryle dragged me through the forest before shutting me down inside a cage. A small cage that barely fit my body.

My breath hitched as I tried hard to control my panic.

Having been in spacious spaces my whole life, I've developed a fear of small spaces. Mom says I am claustrophobic and I should avoid any situations that involved me getting anywhere near small closed spaces.

But now that I am in one, I could realize how true it is.

My whole body is shivering. I feel strange as if this cage around me is closing around me trying to strangle me to death. I could barely breathe. The sound of bees buzzing became louder every passing second.