Chapter-12 Hanging out

In ten days, I'll turn eighteen

In ten days, I'll turn eighteen. I am excited as well as a bit scared about it. I remember my mother telling me about how pure blooded were blessed with mates and how we'll find them once the younger one turns eighteen.

If my mate hasn't turned eighteen yet then I won't be able to find my mate when I turn eighteen. But I know that won't be the case and I will find my mate in ten days.

What if he is another greedy warlock who gives away my identity?

Zendaya performed a spell on me, does that mean it'll stop my mate from finding me too?

Though a part of me is scared, I wanted my happy ending with my mate too. I know how sacred mates are.

Stop dreaming and concentrate on the reason you are here Mae.

Day two of my drawing class. I am here to learn. Yes.

Today to my utter surprise Teddy acknowledged me, aka greeted me back when I wished him a good morning. Fine, I more like bribed him with candy to respond to me.

Either way, soon Teddy will become my friend.

I'll charm him one way or the other.

Lunch with Elijah went terrible. I don't know what was going on in his brain or what made him occupied but he doesn't get to show his mood swings on me and expect me to play along with it.

Who cares, the debt is paid and I am either way not going to see him again. Liar.

Okay, a part of me was a bit curious about him, still is curious but I won't let that curiosity as an excuse tolerate the way he behaved.

I know I've tolerated worse before but that was because I needed a job and money. But this, he is the one who agreed to lunch.

"Good morning class," my drawing teacher's voice cut me off from my thoughts. "Today we are going to work on oil pastels as Teddy wanted. I hope you have all the materials you need?"

All of us nodded our heads. I love this class, I feel like a kid again. It's like I am reliving whatever was taken away from me.

My life seems to get better and I am enjoying it.

As expected, she started teaching about the history of oil pastels and how we should blend them to make perfect portraits. She handed us each a scrap paper to blend the crayon.

"You have three images in front of you, choose one and try to draw it only using the oil pastels. Remember, we are not here to judge, we are here to experiment and learn."

She moved aside and sat at her table, letting us on our own. There were three images, each one unique with its own flavor. One is a fruit basket with a few colorful fruits in it. The second is an ocean with the sun rising behind the mountain. And the third is a complicated modern art which had minute details and paints perfectly blended.