Chapter-51 Irritation

It's been hours since Mae fell asleep and that gave me some time to think further about what Mae told me when she woke up from her dreams

The guy, the one who's been stealing life essence told Mae that he was her mate. That didn't go well with the story that we got to know.

What if he really was her mate and Mae has two mates?

Am I ready to let her go?

God no. She is my mate.

Though it'll take time for me to move on from Green, Mae is the one who is bringing life inside me slowly. She is bringing out the old Elijah back.

There is no way I am going to let Mae go.

God, no.

We will somehow figure out things together and will break the curse. Things will be fine. Also, if Mae wants then she could have her birthright. The throne.

Greg researched and dug a lot into Jasper's life. What he found was unimaginable. The king and Queen weren't what he told the rebels. There wasn't any plan to hurt the normal witches and warlocks and they weren't planning to oppress the powerless.

Everything he told was a lie.

He used a lie to get the power. As if that's not enough, he used a lot of magic, and people's taxes to get luxurious properties in the human world. The worst part is what he told me next. It was unimaginable. I couldn't even think how one could be so cruel.

He is a pedophile and has hurt a lot of kids. God, I feel disgusted to even think about that. I don't know about the others but I will make sure that he pays the price for all the sins he did. He will be punished.

Once the problems we have in our hand starts to solve, the first thing I want to do is tell people the truth. Tell them how we rebels took the throne from the innocent people. The reason we took it was that they were corrupted and we could stop that corruption by democracy. Now that we knew that wasn't the case, the royals deserve the throne back.

God, so many lives were lost during the war all because of one evil greedy man.

What have we done?

Ever since I heard that, guilt was killing me. If only we checked the facts before acting on them blindly.

"Elijah?" I felt a hand on my shoulders making me go alert. I twisted that hand in a deadly hold bringing it in front of me. "Hey... it's me, Katherine."

"What the hell are you doing here?" I whisper-yelled at her so that I won't wake my mate.

"Grandma sent me to bring you guys." She squeezed my bicep and moved so close to me that I didn't like it at all. I moved backward glaring at her.

When she didn't take a hint, I spoke through my gritted teeth. "Move back."

Katherine moved to wake Mae as I stopped her.