Chapter-50 My world

Double update. Make sure you read chapter 49 before this.

After seeing Teddy, I and Mae left for that secret vault the next morning

The journey towards the outer forest is the easiest. All we have to do is create a portal and come to the outer part of the forest. But from here on, magic won't work. We have to walk through the forest for days before we reach the place.

If my calculations are correct, we have to walk for three days before we could reach there. But since we will be going to meet Maria first, we'll reach her hut by dawn as she lives on the outer border.

From there if we are lucky, then Maria can take us to the vault directly through her magic. She is the only one who can use her magic. But again, she has sacrificed her whole life to take care of the vault. That in turn prohibits her from leaving the forest and telling people about it.

What didn't make sense is how Mae know Maria this well. I remember visiting her house with Green, her mom, and Zendaya. But I've never seen Mae when I visited them. From the way Mae is describing her and from her age, I am sure I would've seen Mae if they all were close.

The reason why Maria calls us there for summer is because of her granddaughter Katherine who Maria wants to take her place as the guardian of the vault in the future. To become the guardian of the vault, you have to be born in the forest and should've never left the forest.

Since Katherine cannot leave the forest, we go there so she won't feel lonely.

Katherine's mom should've been the one to take the responsibility but she broke the rule and went to find the warlock with who fell in love when he visited the place. He left after spending a night with her and she thought what they had was love.

So, after convincing Maria, she left her newborn daughter to take all the responsibilities and find her love. She left and found the warlock she loved only to realize that he seduced her to get the knowledge about the vault. Heartbroken, she came back home only to know that she could never be the guardian of the vault as she broke both the rules.

She left the forest and talked about the vault to the person who she thought loved her.

This angered her and she started taking out that anger on the child he gave. Having had enough, Maria kicked her own daughter out and permanently banished her from the forest now leaving her and Katherine the only residents.

Though Katherine was abused by her mom for the first few years, I hate her a lot. Every time we visited them, Katherine always used to do something that hurt Green. And my Green was too good to see her evilness.

And now with my mate next to me, I don't want Katherine to behave the same as she did with my Green.

"You know," Mae's voice brought me out of my thoughts. Without waiting for my reply, she continued. "You know, though we are mates, we know nothing about each other."