150 | Chosen Battles

Start from the beginning

     "I'm not sure but—" When Max looked like he was hesitating, Justin suddenly had a playful look on his face. He thought of something that might change Max's mind, so with a grin on his face he says, "The Elites are coming too you know."

     Max was surprised by the way Justin said it, and he honestly lost his composure, but before Justin could even say anything else, Max clears his throat and quickly says, "Alright, I'll come with you."

    Justin happily starts jumping up and down as they head out of the room together.

     Max wasn't the type to go out after classes. He doesn't even do this with Ari and the others so he's surprised that he's going out with a bunch of people he barely knows. Max is just trying to convince himself that this is going to be a learning experience for him.

     "Don't worry, we're going to have a lot of fun," Antonio reassures him, walking close to Max and draping his arm around Max's shoulder like they were already the best of friends.

     Max wasn't the touchy type, but he didn't want to be rude so he just let Antonio put his arm around him. When they got out of their room, the Elites were surprisingly waiting for them outside. Even Heaven was there too.

     "How were classes?" Ian asks.

     "It was great, president Ian. Sir Barron just went back to some of the basics so Max could catch up," rank 7 Kenzo—who's also the club leader of Beta Society—respectfully explains, making Ian smile in satisfaction.

     "How about you Max? How have you been doing so far? Are you fitting in well with the others?" Ian then asks.

     Max looks at Ian and was about to answer him, but then he spots Gavriil standing right behind him with his arms crossed. At first, Max thought that he was staring at him, but then he realizes that Gavriil was actually staring at Antonio's arm that was around his shoulder.

     Without thinking about it, Max quickly pushes Antonio's hand away, surprising both Ian and Antonio. 

     "I-It's been great. Everyone's nice," Max says, adjusting his uniform before clearing his throat like he was trying his best not to look awkward. It was a pretty funny sight since Max wasn't the type to be easily flustered, but it seemed like just a single look from someone can make him act indifferently.

     "Well then, shall we go? I already requested to borrow J.S High's van," Ian explains, surprising Max because he didn't know they could freely burrow such a thing, but it's really just one of the few perks they have.

     "This is going to be fun, Max! I haven't been able to talk to you before so I'm glad we can chat freely now," Justin says, grabbing Max's arm as the two of them walked towards the exit.

     Max smiles and nods his head in agreement. To be honest, if this was the old Max he'd push Justin away and tell him that he's not interested in making friends, but with everything Max experienced, Max was happy to have new friends if he had the chance. Of course, that doesn't mean he'll drop his guard down.

     "Hey Sinclaire," a voice suddenly calls out, making Max and Justin turn their heads to see who was calling out for him. When they saw that the man who called for Max's attention was actually Heaven Carter, the smile on Justin's face instantly changed. If Max didn't know any better, he'd assume that this was Dustin.

     "Looks like you're fitting in well," Heaven says with a smile that he'd usually show to his fans when he was still the bassist of the monarchs; fake.

     "It's only been the first day, but everyone has been helpful. I hope to learn from you too Heaven," Max says with an equally fake smile. Max didn't want to make a scene because he knew that it was exactly what Heaven would have wanted.