fifty-nine

fifty-nine

_____ 🌿 _____

Jimin giggled as he was spun around in a circle. Soft, classical music played in the background. He didn't recognize the composer, but the tune was lively. He'd never been a great dancer, but Yoongi made everything seem easy.

Cool hands slipped around his waist, pulling body back against his chest.

"You look so beautiful today," he whispered to him. Cool lips trailed feather light kisses against his neck.

"Thank you," he murmured. He laughed again as he was twirled around. They stumbled together as they danced around the open space. Sunlight poured through the open windows, warming his skin with gentle rays of skin. He felt so peaceful being here with him.

"I wanna stay like this," Jimin whispered as he was hugged from behind. "I want to stay here with you, forever,"

"And you will, Darling,"

Jimin was spun around with more force than necessary. He was greeted with lifeless eyes and a deadly smile. Jimin's heart stopped.

"NO!"

Dk only smiled.

"You'll stay with me forever, won't you Darling, won't you?" He said, drawing him in for a kiss.

Forever

"Welcome home, Jimin,"

_____ 🌿 _____

NOBODY LIKED THE IDEA OF JIMIN GOING BACK TO WORK; not with his nightmares and his wrecked state. Jimin not only looked like he was about to pass out from sheer exhaustion, but as if he'd also been involved in some sort of horrendous accident. He could hardly go out in public looking the way he did.

At first, he'd asked Yoongi if he could accompany Yoongi to the city, but people would surely ask questions if they saw him in this state and that was the last thing any of them wanted. Jimin then remembered that Dk lived in the city and shut down the idea then and there.

But with Yoongi unable to put off a business meeting, he begged to go back to work.

"Yoongi please — I can't sit inside any longer, I feel like I'm going insane just sitting around. It's as if my brain is waiting for something bad to happen. I need a distraction,"

"Then work in the garden or sit in the library," Yoongi tried to reason with him. He could understand Jimin's need to do something, he'd been the same way after his passing — it was why he spent so many years away from Eden.

"And be left alone with my thoughts?" Jimin stated. "Yoongi I need something that will keep me from thinking about everything that's been going on around me,"

"N-No," Yoongi had stammered. "It's too dangerous. You'll be all alone and I won't be there to protect you; I made a promise Jimin-"

"What if I took Jungkook to work with me?" Jimin begged. "He can stay close to the greenhouse and if his Alpha senses something is wrogg by, we'll go straight home; either to the apartment or here," he explained. "Jungkook would never let anything hurt me, please,"

So Yoongi relented, but only if Jungkook went with him — and even Jungkook didn't seem thrilled about the idea, grumbling the whole way there; but it works, and even in his weary state, he becomes distracted. For the first time in a while, he can smile. His coworkers have definitely taken note of Jimin's state, but with some carefully selected words and phrases, he's convinced them that he fell while hiking earlier that week and that he was going to be fine.