forty-two

forty-two

_____ 🌿 _____

"YOU KNOW, THIS IS JUST DEPRESSING TO WATCH AT THIS POINT; YOU REALLY EXPECT ME TO THINK YOU'RE AN ALPHA AFTER ALL OF THIS?"

"Hyung!"

"What? You've been whining all morning like a lost puppy, that's omega behaviour Jk,"

"I have not been whining!"

Jimin raised an eyebrow at Jungkook, folding his arms across his chest as he leant up against the brick wall of the university. They'd arrived a little earlier for their classes, primarily not wanting to be caught in the downpour of rain that was supposed to happen today, but also to see Jin before classes, and to spend time with one another. Jimin felt like they hadn't really seen each other for the sake of seeing each other. It was all about the questions, and now that things had begun to level out, maybe they could go back to somewhat of a normal routine. Of course, much of the time spent this morning had been focused on Jungkook finally having the courage to talk to Taehyung. He'd confessed that he'd figured out what he wanted to say to him, and as they drank their coffee, he outlined the details of the conversations, gaining a few pointers from both Jin and Jimin. But now that they'd arrived, and Jungkook had caught sight of Taehyung from across campus, he'd gone shy, and ducked behind Jimin, as if the shorter male would be enough to shield him from the man.

"You're not whining?" Jimin mused in an authoritative tone, causing Jungkook to pout like a toddler who wasn't getting their way.

"No," he grumbled, looking away from Jimin. He gave an exasperated sigh. "-okay so maybe I've been a little out of whack but-"

"A little?"

"You're being mean!" Jungkook whined, slumping his shoulders dramatically. "I'm telling Jin,"

Jimin laughed and pushed off the wall. He placed two hands on either shoulder, and squeezed them reassuringly. "Jeon Jungkook, you are going to be fine," he told him, firmly. "Taehyung isn't going to bite you or run away. He wants to talk to you, so take a deep breath, and march your ass over there,"

"But-"

"No buts. You're going to talk to him, end of discussion. I refuse to let you back inside until you do," the older teased, as he began to walk away from him.

"Jimin! You're kidding right?!"

"I'm gonna be late for class, I'll see you later!"

"Jimin! You can't just leave me outside like a puppy! I'll...I'll starve!"

_____ 🌿 _____

"Today we're going to learn about Robert Browning's Poem, Porphyria's Lover, as we continue our theme of lovers, death and murder influenced by love and passion,"

Namjoon dimmed the lights in the room to set the mood, perching himself on the edge of his desk. These sorts of lectures were Jimin's favourites, where he could sit back and listen to the soothing tone of Professor Kim's voice. He could feel the excitement and anticipation rising in him for the poem he was about to deliver. Jimin had never read Porphyria's Lover or any of Robert Browning's poems before, so he was interested to see what sort of thrills it would entail, especially if it related to the theme of their unit.

"THE RAIN SET EARLY IN TO-NIGHT, / THE SULLEN WIND WAS SOON AWAKE, / IT TORE THE ELM-TOPS DOWN FOR SPITE, / AND DID IT'S WORSE TO VEX THE LAKE: / I LISTENED WITH HEART FIT TO BREAK."