Book 2 (Dragon Fire) Chapter 1

Aresa felt the familiar feelings of power flow in her as she put the bracelet on.

"Do we have everything?" Aresa heard Grenin ask Werlek.

"Yes, but where is Regorn?" Werlek was impatient. "We are just waiting for him."

"I heard Thunin, or rather said the king, wanted to see Regorn before we left." Grenin walked to where Aresa stood beside the horses and looked at her questioningly. "He spoke to you too, Aresa. What did he say?"

"Just wanted to know our objective, and if we plan on fighting the Dragon Hunters. I said we wouldn't fight them if they didn't try to attack us or something."

"I wonder what that Thunin is saying to Regorn." Werlek had joined them, his expression dark.

"Why so dreary?" Grenin asked. "Do you think Thunin is bad?"

"No. He's just young, he could easily be corrupted."

"Grandfather told me he was going to keep a eye on the new king, and Migor and Mevin would help him." Aresa didn't look worried. "Now we just need to get moving. I wonder what is taking Regorn so long."

Aresa pulled the bracelet from her arm again, and felt the energy draining away.

"The thing has been very useful to us, but I can't help feeling uneasy about it." Grenin stared at the small grey scales of the bracelet in Aresa's palm.
They really didn't look special, but Grenin knew they had to be magical, because when a seriously ingured person put the bracelet on he or she
would be totally healed within seconds.

"You should keep it more hidden." Werlek frowned. "We want as little people as possible to know about it. I can't help wondering how that one dragon that attacked us knew exactly where it was."

Aresa lifted the bracelet and twisted it into her whiteblond braid so it could not be seen.

"What if it falls off?" Regorn had just appeared around the corner and had seen Aresa's movement.

"It won't." Aresa smiled. "Anyway, Werlek was already grumpy of how long you took, so I think we should get moving now."

Regorn nodded, and they quickly mounted the ready saddled horses.

"Aresa, wait!" A old man ran their way, his eyes wide.

"What is it, Grandfather?" Aresa asked worried.

"I just need to tell you one more thing." Sinnek's feet carryied him with amazing speed until he stood beside Aresa's brown horse. "But just to you."

Aresa leaned down and Sinnek whispered so only she could hear, "I didn't tell you, but your grandmother...she was a Dragon Hunter healer. We married, but later on when the Dragon Hunters left she dissapeared. I was left with our two small children, you and Dion's mother, and Thon's father. I waited. Some years later I married another
women, and we got a daughter. When the daughter was seven years old the women left me in fear and anger when she found out I had interacted with Dragon Hunters. I never saw her again, but the daughter...her name is Eurin, and she was the woman that captured me, Riv and Tyem. She is
currently in the castle dungeon. Her mother must have told her lies about me, because Eurin thinks I betrayed them."

"What...I..." Aresa's was confused and bewildered. Why had Grandfather decided to tell her this now?

"Your grandmother, she gave me that bracelet when we where courting because I was reckless and almost got myself killed. She told me that I should always keep it safe, and that if I one day wanted Dragon Hunters to trust me I had to give it to them. Now, Aresa, things have changed with
the Dragon Hunters, and I do not know if you will ever come back. I know I had to tell you the truth
before you go."