Chapter 46

Aresa's breath came out ragged, but she kept on swimming with one arm. Maybe she should have kept the bracelet on. “No, I will not be dependent of that thing.”

Just when Aresa was almost at
the other side of the river a wave caught her unawares and the bundle she was holding in her one hand got wet.

Aresa got out of the river and put her bag beside the two that were already there.

Grenin and Werlek had gone over first but then went back to check that Migor, Mevin and Regorn got over safely.

Aresa slumped to the ground and closed her eyes, waiting for the rest
to come over. “Hah, you got the bag wet.” Migor's voice would have normally made her angry, but at the moment the cold, exhaustion and the fear for Thon and Dion's lives made her just stay silent.

“I knew you weren't strong enough.” Migor tried to provoke Aresa but she didn't move.

“Shut up, will you, and leave Aresa alone.” Regorn roughly grabbed Migor by his arm. Migor immediately pulled his arm away and stared at Regorn angrily. “Don't touch me.” Migor
threatened.

Regorn was about to retort but Aresa got up and stared at both of them. Her eyes were narrowed, her lips in a thin line. She did not say anything. Her clothes where extremely ragged, her face and hair dirty, but her blue eyes shone brightly in the dim moonlight.

Grenin, Werlek and Mevin watched as Aresa slowly slumped back to the ground and held her head in her hands. “When are we going on?” Aresa's voice was emotionless.

“We should move a bit to dry and get warm, but we won't go far.” Grenin answered.

“Migor, you take that bag. Regorn you the other. I will take the last.” Werlek walked to the three bags and picked up the biggest.

“Move,” He growled. “We are all tired, but we need to go on.”

Not long and they were all walking again, this time Werlek was in the front.

Migor watched his brother and companions. They all looked tired, weary, and dirty. “If we ever reach Denereth we will be to weak to do anything.” Migor thought to himself.

“Even if we were in full health, it would be extremely difficult to harm the king. This plan won't work, and we will all be killed. The only wise
thing to do is...” Migor's eyes brightened slightly and he started
walking faster.

Some days had passed, and Leiha had been busy the whole time. Now and then she would run into Tunrir, but they wouldn't talk if not necessary.

“Whitecorw!” Leiha turned around to see Tunrir running her way. “A group of Dragon Hunters are coming,
but our scout said they are all wearing white robes. What does
that mean?”

“What?!” Leiha hissed. “Are you sure they have white robes?!”

“Yes, white. And some black robes too.” Tunrir said firmly, but he
was afraid what this meant.

“Royals.” Leiha muttered. “And their
bodyguards. This doesn't make sense. Get Graven, Shield and Inor immediately!” Leiha looked stressed.

Aresa, Migor, Mevin and Regorn sat beside a bush that gave them a little bit of shade from the morning sun. They were all waiting for Werlek and Grenin to come back from purchasing less eyecatching  clothes in Bereth.

When the group saw anybody they hid until the people had passed. They didn't want any unnecessary attention. “Werlek and Grenin have been gone too long.” Migor grumbled. “They probably got caught, we shouldn't wait for them.”