Chapter 49

It was morning.

“Wow.” Regorn stared at the city his eyes wide.

“Big, isn't it?” Werlek smiled at Regorn's expression. “But rotten,
to the core. The core being the king.”

“Have any of you gotten a plan how we will kill the king?” Aresa's face was not happy, and she spoke in a serious tone.

“No.” Grenin shook his head. “But we need one, quick.”

“Grenin.” Aresa turned to him, her eyes very serious. “The water of river Cret, what will it do to you if you touch or drink it?”

“If you touch it, you won't die immediately. If you drink it, you will
die within ten minutes. Why do you ask?” Grenin looked at Aresa a suspicious look on his face.

Aresa took out a water pouch, and
showed it to him. “I took some of the water with me.”

“Why in your right mind did you do that?!” Grenin looked extremely alarmed. “Did you touch the water?!”

“No. I took it with me because I thought maybe we could use it.”

“For what? To commit suicide?” Migor growled from the side.

“I thought you didn't believe it to be dangerous.” Mevin couldn't help mutter. Migor gave his brother a death glare.

“To poison the evil king!” Regorn's eyes shone. “Brilliant! Grenin, do you know if the water has any weird taste?”

“No, I don't.” Grenin shook his head.

“We could of course dilute the water into wine,” Werlek spoke calmly. “If we take a strong-flavoured wine and add a little water, will it kill anyone who drinks it?” Werlek looked at Grenin.

“It should work, but I don't know for sure.” Grenin shrugged.

“Does the king like wine?” Aresa asked.

“As far as I heard he likes very strong wine.” Werlek frowned at the distance. “If we could get a bottle expensive wine and put the water into it...our only problem is not to poison other people.”

“Why?” Migor muttered. “They most likely all deserve to die.”

Werlek looked at Migor coldly, and Migor couldn't help take a step back.

“I know someone who probably deserves to die.” Werlek smiled creepily and stared into Migor's eyes. “You think I don't know?” Werlek took a step closer to Migor. “I see the way
you look, the way you talk.”

“What are you talking about?” Migor's looked very pale. Werlek chuckled coldly. “I think you know exactly, but I won't dig into it for now. We have more important things to think about.” Werlek paused and closely studied Migor's face.

“Y-y-yes.” Migor stuttered. “Yes, you can trust me.” Migor said firmly.

“Good.” Werlek smiled. “Now, for our plan.”

“Here are some weapons.” Thon, Dion, Iaven, and Inor gladly excepted the weapons handed to them by the Dragon Hunter.

“Quick pick something, we need to go.” Leiha approached them.

Thon took a broadsword, while Iaven and Dion immediately went for bows. Inor hesitated for a second, looking at the various weapons before him, then he grabbed a war axe. Thon saw how Iaven grabbed some knifes and let them disappear into her clothing. It had been at least five. Then she grabbed a longsword.

“Don't worry.” The Dragon Hunter standing close chuckled at her. “If you finish this mission you will get as many weapons as you want.”

Iaven nodded her head wordlessly, and her eyes were bright with
excitement.

“Are you ready?” Leiha called.

“Yes.” They all said in a chorus, except for Iaven who only nodded.

They started walking down a tunnel, the Dragon Hunter leading them. Leiha had been surprised that they had only sent one.

“What is your name?” Dion asked.

“Here we go.” Thon muttered under his breath. “Dion just has to make friends with everyone.”

“Zunok.” The Dragon Hunter answered shortly.

“My name is Shield.” Dion spoke in his happy voice.

“Interesting.” Zunok muttered.

“Are you going to be on the mission too?” asked Dion. Zunok gave a affirmative grunt.

“That is good!” Dion smiled. Zunok was not very talkative at first, but Dion in his happy and carefree
manner soon had him taking about dragons, food, anything at all.

Thon shook his head. Zunok looked to be older than him, but somehow Dion had gotten him to be his friend within a few minutes.

After walking more than a hour Zunok suddenly took a side tunnel, and then some more. “You know where we are going, right?” Dion asked.

“Yes.” Zunok said. Then they came to a dead end. Zunok walked forward without stopping, and right through the wall.

“What?” Thon exclaimed.

“It is a kind of material that looks like a earth wall to the eye, but it is just cloth.” Zunok's voice came from the other side.

Leiha walked through, and the rest followed.

“Wow.” Inor couldn't help being amazed.

The other side there was a ladder up. Zunok climbed up, and they all followed. A halve our later. Leiha, Thon, Dion, Inor and Iaven stood before Ymoriso. Zunok stood to the
side.

“I will meet the queen in ten minutes. You will stay hidden, and when I tell the queen goodbye, you attack. You need to attack both of us, so the queen won't suspect I had anything to do with it. I will lead the queen to the secret passage, which leads to the highest tower, where you, Whitecrow wait, and push her over the side to her death. She will fall in the middle of the royal courtyard, were a lot of people move around. By then I will
have ''escaped'' from you people, and be busy calling the guards. You all just stand behind Whitecrow. After a discussion with you, you will give a lot of evidence for horrible things the queen has done, and if the people haven’t excepted you by then, you offer to take all who want to over the ocean to our homeland. By then
everything should be resolved.” Ymoriso paused. “I need to speak some more words to you privately, Whitecrow. The rest of you, Zunok will lead you to your positions.”

Thon felt worried, but left with Zunok.

THUNK
The cell door shut, and then Sinnek and Riv heard the sound of a lock clicking.

“They bound our eyes closed, and drugged us, but I guess we are in Denereth now.” Sinnek sighed.

“What do you think they'll do?” Riv rubbed his sore wrists.

“Leave us for a while, then interrogate us. If we don't give them
answers, they torture us. If we give them answers, they torture or kill us. They will probably threaten to kill one of us, if we don't give answers they probably will, but Riv.” Sinnek looked at Riv with a very serious expression. “Don't listen to ANYTHING they say. Don't think that if you tell them anything they will spare us. Only misery awaits us. If they kill me, don't blame yourself.
Everything they do is on themselves.”