Chapter 23: Willpower

Captain Cold:

Jumping to the ground, I turn around and fire my cold gun. A snow bomb shoots out and erupts, freezing the yellow lanterns. They fall out of the sky and drops onto the ground, still stuck in ice.

While pushing myself back onto my feet, I hear a humming sound. Looking around, I see a beta flier heading for me. Shooting lasers at me, I have to jump out of the way again. Eruptions of smoke fly past me and I have to cover my head. Despite being in a cloud of smoke, I can still hear the beta, it's annoying humming. Running out of the smoke, I turn the dial on my cold gun and aim.

The flier is right in my sight. I pull the trigger and shoot out a single ice shot. The ice shot flying through the air, it hits the flier dead in the center. I watch from a distance as ices grow from where it was shot. In a matter of seconds, the flier is covered in it and falls to the ground.

I hear the sound of ice cracking, follow immediately by the sound of someone screaming. I turn around and see Poison Ivy on the ground. Closing in on her is a group of fliers.

"Come on," I yell, turning the dial back to snow bombs. "Like Yellow Lanterns weren't enough."

I run toward Ivy while aiming at the group of fliers. The second they're close enough, I fire. I watch the snow bomb sail through the sky, and right when it's about to hit the fliers, a yellow wall appears and blocks the snow bombs.

"What," I say, looking around, only to be knockdown by a yellow beam a few seconds later.

"That won't work two times in a row," some yellow lantern alien with pink skin and long purple hair says. Aiming her yellow ring at me, I aim my cold gun at her but she fires first. Hitting my hand and knocking the gun out of my hand, I scream.

"You're Leonard Snart," she says, hovering toward me. "Right? Sinestro told me about you."

"Sinestro," I repeat, holding my hand. "That son of a bitch."

Yellow lights gather in the alien's ring, she's about to shoot but before she can, Harleen runs out from the side and hit her with a giant hammer. Knocking her back, Harleen raises her hammer and I watch as the hammer splits apart and turns into dual pistols.

Harleen wastes no time and starts shooting the yellow lantern. Despite bullets bouncing off of her, it's enough to force her back. Jumping and flying into the air, she turns around and aims her ring at us.

Harleen aims her guns at the yellow lantern, they stare each other down. Before either of them could fire, however, a green beam hit and sent her flying elsewhere.

"Hey," Harleen says, turning around. "I had that."

"Sorry," The Man replies, dressed in a green lantern uniform and on a flying green surfboard. "But I know that yellow lantern, and trust me, it's going to take more than bullets to bring her down."

Looking up toward the sky, all the reminding yellow lanterns flying away, The Man turns to Harleen and me.

"I'm going to follow after them," he says, "Stay here and help the others."

Before any of us can say anything, The Man flies away, chasing the yellow lanterns.

"I must have hit my head hard," I start, pushing myself up. "I could have sworn I saw The Man using a green lantern ring."

"You too," Harleen says, rubbing the side of her head.

Arisia:

Flying through the storm of green and yellow beams, I swing my hand and send a green blade through the air. Slicing through some fliers, I have no time to do anything as a combination of yellow beam and laser knocks me around.

Finally crashing on top of a nearby building, I look up to see Sinestro, slowly hovering toward me. Wearing bright-yellow armor, the armor seeming to be made of bones, he smiles as he rises his hand. I watch as a giant, spiked mace form right above him. Swinging down his hand, the mace follows after it, I try to fly out of the way but it's no use.

The mace crushes me before I can get out of the way. It slams me to the ground. Sinestro rising the mace slams it down onto me again.

Despite the power from my ring, I can still feel the spikes as they slam into me over and over again. I feel my breath being squeezed from my body. I feel my will being drained.

"You're no match for me, rookie," Sinestro says, slamming his mace down on me again. By now, my ring is starting to flicker.

"No," I say, pushing myself up. Barely an inch off the floor, Sinestro's mace forces me back down. My ring's flicking gets worst, it turns off and I lost my shield.

"No."

"One less green lantern," Sinestro says, swinging down his hand.

With what energy I have left, I turn around and look at the mace as it prepares to destroy me. Only, it never does. A green beam shoots and destroys the mace, it turns into yellow dust.

Sinestro's eyes go wide and his smile disappears. While looking like this, another green beam shoots and knocks Sinestro away.

"Thanks," I sigh, pulling myself up.

"Don't mention it," a familiar voice replies. It's not Kilowog or Tomar Re, but instead, it's the man in glasses. He is standing on a hoverboard like before, but this one is green. Also, he is wearing green armor.

"No way," I say, not believing my eyes as I look further down. On his hand, on his finger, is a green lantern ring. "How did you get that? Whose ring is that?"

"It's Hal," the man answers.

"No way," I yell, "Hal isn't gone. He can't be."

"He's not. I'm only borrowing Hal's ring."

"You can't borrow a green lantern's ring. The ring has to choose you, and that's only after the previous green lantern had passed."

"Well, Hal isn't dead and I'm borrowing his ring which didn't choose me."

"How?"

"I will tell you later. Probably not, but until then."

The man aims Hal's ring at me and fires. Crossing my arms, I couldn't believe my eyes for a second time today. A single beam traveling between Hal's ring and mine, it looks like his ring is giving my ring power. In a few seconds, my ring is charged.

"Thank me later," the man says. "And keep your will up."

Leaving before I can say anything, I watch as he joins in on the fight.

Supergirl:

Destroying beta fliers with my laser vision, I stop to catch one before it can crash into me. Throwing the flier into another flier, the two burst into flames before falling.

As I prepare for another fight, I look up to see another burst of flames. Only, Blue Beetle is in the middle of this one.

Falling, I shoot up and catch him, flying to the side and dodging the falling scrap metals.

Blue Beetle moans as he wakes up, shakes his head, and flies.

"Thank you," Jaime says, looking around. "Aw, esto es loco. This is insane. There are hundreds of beta fliers and yellow lanterns."

"I know," I say, only now realizing I'm panting. "But we have to keep fighting. Just hold on a little longer."

Blue Beetle and I split up. I punch my way one yellow lantern after another. Hitting a yellow lantern with my laser vision, I stop when I see someone crashes through a building and into the one behind it.

Sitting in a hole in the wall is Sinestro. The second he sees me, his teeth start to grind against each other.

"Superman," he says into his ring. "Superman, are you there?"

"What is it," my cousin says.

"Supergirl is here, and so is The Man. Send in reinforcements."