Chapter 21: Rabbit and Carrot

The Man:

"What," Harleen screams, her scream grabbing everyone's attention. Everyone turns to face her, Harleen ignores all of them and turns toward me.

"Please tell you heard that," she says.

"Yes I did," I reply, looking at Arisia. "Hal is almost gone."

"What," Flash yells, "What does that even mean? He is almost gone? Where is Hal?"

Trying to leave the circle of green lanterns, they aim their rings at Flash and stop him.

"Calm down," Arisia says, walking up to Flash.

"Calm down," he repeats.

"Yes. Calm down. After we take all of you to the Guardians, I'll take you to see him. The infirmary isn't too far from their meeting room."

Barry seems to calm down, he nudges his head.

"Come on then," he says, "Let's go meet these Guardians and then go see Hal."

Speedwalking now, we all practically chase after Barry as the green lanterns guide us to the Guardians' meeting chamber.

The Guardians of Oa meeting chamber is a large, pale-blue, half-circle-shaped building with four pillars attached to it. The main entrance is a giant arch in which the green lanterns motion for us to enter.

As we enter the meeting chamber, I see a large circular room with a single light pouring in through a hole in the ceiling. Near the light is a tall, giant, curve stone slab, and on top of the slab are the Guardians of Oa themselves.

Dressed in a red and white robe, the Guardians gaze at us as we enter. Standing in the light, the green lanterns surrounding us as we do, we all look at the Guardians.

"Arisia," one of the Guardians shouts, his voice echoing throughout the room. This particular guardian is bald and his eyes are twitching. "Why did you bring these people here?"

Arisia steps out from the crowd of green lanterns and joins the light with us.

"I brought these people here because I think they can help us," Arisia starts, "Many of us are wounded, and what few of us aren't are exhausted and tired. The yellow lanterns have been attacking us non-stop and we are at our breaking point."

"Yellow lanterns," Jason repeats, looking at us. "What? I didn't see any yellow lanterns."

"Neither did I," Oliver says. "Hmm, we must have caught the green lanterns at the right time."

"We had to ask green lanterns to withdraw from their sections," Arisia goes on, "Their sections are now vulnerable, and very soon, so will Oa."

Taking a breath, Arisia looks right at the Guardians.

"Just before Hal lost conscious, he gave me this."

She pulls from her belt the radio.

"He told me to call the Insurgency for help, and I did. And now, they're here to help us."

She then looks toward us.

"No pressure or anything," I say, crossing my arms and looking away. Harleen elbows me in the chest.

"Arisia," another guardian starts, this one with white hairs on the sides of his head and non-twitching eyes. "I know many of our green lanterns are indeed wounded, and we are lacking significant lanterns when compared to the yellow lanterns, but even I have to admit. This is a bit extreme. Bringing complete strangers here."

"Especially a Super," Salaak says.

"A Super," everyone in the room repeats. "What?"

Salaak points at Kara, and as he does, I see Kara clutching Snart's jacket in his hand.