Chapter 1: "No."

Kamila's P.O.V

Beep beeep beeeeeeeep! I groaned and slammed my alarm. It broke and I winced. "Shit." I cursed. That's the third one I broke this month. "Kamila! Por favor! Get down here now!" I groaned and managed to get up. I went through my clothes and grabbed my purple and black outfit.

Her outfit 

The purple was just how I was feeling today. "Morning Señorita Laura!" I called as I flew down the stairs. "Buenos días niña! How was your night?" I smiled and hugged her. "It was wonderful. I haven't been having nightmares for a while." I smiled and she frowned. "Are you sure mija?" Señorita Laura was my adoptive mother. She found me being attacked and saved my life. I sat down and she gave me a plate of pancakes. "So. Today my mariposa is finally emerging from her cocoon and leaving the tree." She had tears in her eyes and let some of them fall. I got up and hugged her. "I'll visit you, mamá, I promise. Plus it's not like I'll be gone forever." She smiled and nodded. "Now hurry up! I have a present for you before you go." I cocked my head and sat back down. She chuckled a watery laugh and left to the garage.

After I finished my pancakes I walked around the house looking for her and I heard her call me telepathically. "I'm in the garage Kamila! Hurry!" I jogged downstairs and made my way outside to the garage. I went to the side and opened the side door. "Señorita?" Suddenly all the lights turned on and I gasped. There was a beautiful purple high tech motorcycle and matching helmet on one of the handles. I walked over and touched it gingerly. "Where did you get this?" I whispered in a hushed voice. "I built it, with the help of a technician. It responds to your magical spirit and yours alone." I was jumping on my tippy toes and squealing. "Thank you! Thank you! Gracias gracias gracias!" I hugged her, let go and jumped onto the motorcycle. 

Like the cycle? I DO!

The garage opened up and sunlight flooded my eyesight. "Alright Kamila, time to go." She clicked a button and the motorcycle shrunk into a motorcycle keychain.

Adorable motorcycle keychain

Señorita Laura left through the open garage door and walked to her car.I went back inside and grabbed my backpack. My other belongings were already at Power Academy. I was extremely excited and nervous about going to a new super school. Life hasn't been the best for me. I attached the keychain to my backpack's main zipper and walked out of the house.

 I attached the keychain to my backpack's main zipper and walked out of the house

Their house 😁✌️

I walked to her car and jumped into the front seat. I flashed a smile in her direction and she smiled back. We drove for about one hour listening to different music like Attention by Charlie Puth, South of the Border by Ed Sheeran, Camila Cabello, and Cardi B. Basically a lot of music was played for one hour. "Kamila. Mija, we are here." I opened my eyes and yawned. I didn't even notice that I had fallen asleep.

Heart Attack by Demi Lovato was playing as I woke up. I grabbed my backpack from the back seat and got out of the car. She came out with me and we walked into the airport. I put my fone in my pocket and put my waterwaves into my ears. I didn't turn on any music though. I needed to listen for my plane number. "Number 69! 69!" I smiled and Señorita Laura smiled. "That's me, I guess." I said to her. She wrapped her arms around my body and sniffed. "It feels like yesterday when I found you."

She whispered. I chuckled, but tears left my eyes. "Thank you." I whispered. "You didn't have to save me or take me in, but you did. No words can express how I feel." We stayed in each other's embrace until my flight number was called again. "Time to go. I'll call you when we land." I whispered. "Thank you again mamá." She then started full on crying, happy that I called her my mother. "I'll see you again. I promise." I jogged off to my plane and showed the flight attendant my ticket. He looked it over and smiled. "Have a great first day, cutie." My heart almost jumped out of my chest at that and blush coated my cheeks.

I just walked away to the hallway tube thingy that leads to the plane. My plane seat number was A16. There were already two girls sitting in seats B17 and C18. They were both talking to each other like best friends would. I gulped and sat down slowly. They both stopped talking and smiled at me. I looked at them and smiled back, but on the inside I was freaking out. What do you even say to two cool chicks? One of them laughed and said, "Maybe start with hi and your name." I looked at her, with my mouth open. "I said that out loud?" I asked nervously. They both chuckled and I laughed with them. "I'm Robin." The Latinx girl said. "And I'm Jasmine." The dark black girl said, smiling at me. She seemed to have a spark inside her that made me smile,

"I'm Kamila." I said. Soon I got to know them. Riley has three siblings, two older siblings and a little sister. Jasmine has at least 7 siblings. She was the middle child, which sounded like it sucked. "You guys are lucky. Having all those siblings. I just have an adopted little brother who makes my life so complicated." They chuckled at my description of him and the plane intercom turned on. "Hello Power Academy students. Welcome to Express Airlines." She took a deep breath and I felt bad for her. I could feel her frustration.

"Ok, listen kids. I've said this same crap at least 100 times and it's tiring. Just buckle up and enjoy this plane ride. We will arrive at Power Academy in two hours. Thank you." The plane started and some flight attendants walked around, giving out pamphlets about where we're going. I took three and handed two to Jasmine and Riley. "Let's see where we're going." I muttered. Riley laughed and I cocked an eyebrow at her. "Is something funny?" I asked her. "You might be the first person I know to have actually read the stupid pamphlets." She said with a chuckle.

Jasmine was on her Lip-pad going through something and wasn't paying attention to our conversation. I rolled my eyes and continued looking through the pamphlet. The plane gave a sickening lurch and my pamphlet hit the person in front of me. I looked down, and pretended to be going through my backpack."Now where is it?" I muttered to myself. "Is this yours?" I looked up and met the face of a freaking god. Instead of admitting that it was mine I chose to act dumb in the presence of a god. "No." I said, and chuckled nervously. 

Very excited for this story. Please dear readers, ENJOY!