Chapter 19

Daniel POV

I step out of the elevator, heading towards the apartment. I've been out for about twenty minutes now, so James is probably done with his confession and whatnot. Unless they're, like, making out. In other words, I should head in.

I open the door and quickly spot them sitting on the couch together. Adam immediately looks in the other direction, face completely flushed. James chuckles, and I can tell things went well.

Smiling, I walk over to the couch, dramatically kneeling in front of him. He turns his head to look at me, curiosity getting the better of him.

"Dearest Adam, I have traveled far and wide to arrive here today. I do hereby humbly request your hand in courtship. Do you accept?" I ask, using every old-timey word I can think of.

His entire face flushes, and we sit there in silence for a moment as he tries to figure out whether or not I'm being serious.

A snort escapes his lips as he bursts into laughter.

"But of course, Sir Daniel, how could I refuse such an offer, from you of all people!" He replies between snickers.

"I am forever grateful," I reply. "And here I was thinking you'd need further convincing..."

I gently kiss his hand, watching his expression as he processes what I said. His face slowly becomes engulfed in red.

I abruptly stand, causing him to jump. I smile, loving his expression. It's hard to believe that he is my boyfriend(or at least one of them).

I ruffle his hair, and the tiniest smile shows on his face. I love his smile.

"We can wait till Noah gets home to talk about the boyfriend stuff, but just so you know, I'm taking you on the best date of your life. Got it?"

He nods, smiling.

- Two Hours Later -

Noah POV

I drive home quickly, suddenly being very annoyed by the existence of speed limits. I finally arrive at our apartment and hurry inside.

James walks up and gives me a gentle kiss, momentarily distracting me from the task at hand.

"He's in his room with Danny." He tells me, bringing me back to reality.

I kiss his forehead and head down the hall to Adam's room. I knock twice before quietly opening the door.

Adam is sitting on his bed across from Daniel, clutching a pillow to his face to hide his radiating blush. Dan seems quite pleased with himself.

Dan stands and leaves the room, giving me a suggestive look on his way out. Adam is staring at me with wide eyes.

I sit down next to him, taking Daniel's place. He quickly moves the pillow away from his face, seemingly dying from embarrassment.

I smile warmly at him. "You look adorable."

He fidgets nervously, "U-um, thanks- I mean, you too- I mean- I'm sorry, I'm rambling..."

I place my hand on his, and we stare into each other's eyes. I'm lost as my gaze trails from eyes, to his lips, and then back again. I feel as though I could stay like this forever.

The stare suddenly breaks as his look begins to falter. He turns away, moving his hand so they're no longer touching.

"I... have a question." His tone is unreadable. I wish I could see his face.

"Of course. Anything." I tell him honestly.

He sits there for a moment, unsure.

"Do you... really like me?"

I relax. "Yes."

He turns toward me, a tear rolling down his cheek. His smile is shaky, along with his voice.

"R-really?"

I lean down, wiping the tears from his eyes. "Truly."

He closes the space between us, his soft lips meeting mine. Our fingers intertwine as I lean over him, my hand behind him keeping him from falling. Our lips move slowly as we guide each other, loving every second.

He pulls back for air, smiling goofily.

"What's so funny?" I ask with a chuckle.

"I'm not sure." He says with a giggle.

He pulls himself towards me, burying his face in my chest. I lean against the wall, wrapping my arms around him.

After a while, I sit up.

"It's getting late. What do you want for-"

I cut myself off, realizing he's already fast asleep.

I slowly tuck him in, patting his head.

"Night, dove."

-*-*-*-*-*-

Words: 722