Chapter 10 - Aftermath

James POV

I sit on the couch, slowly scrolling through my phone. I wish I was still cuddling with Adam, or at least still sleeping, but he's in my bed and Daniel insisted that I don't lay back down with him so we don't have a repeat of this morning.

I don't have work today, so I'm just sitting on the couch next to Daniel and doing ab-so-lutely nothing. Finally, something happens.

I hear a door creak open in front of me, and look up to see Adam peeking out of my room. I smirk and elbow Daniel. He glares at me, but then notices Adam and his gaze softens.

"Good mor- er- evening." He corrects, making Adam jump a little.

"Um... Hi?" He replies nervously, fidgeting a bit.

I give him a soft smile. "Come sit down." I say, patting on the seat beside me.

He slowly makes his way over, clearly tense.

Noah walks over from the kitchen, sitting down on the arm of the couch.

"I'm sure you have some questions right now. We do, too. So let's make a deal." Adam studies his face for a minute before nodding. Noah continues. "We will answer your questions if you will answer ours. Deal?"

Adam pauses. This time, however, he doesn't nod.

"Three."

Noah gives him a questioning look.

"You get three questions." He elaborates, and Noah nods in agreement.

"You can go first." Noah tells him.

He thinks for a moment, before deciding on a question.

"Um... Why was I laying n-next to you?" He asks me, his face flushing red.

I laugh at his adorable expression. "Noah had to talk to the police, so I held you instead. When it was time to lay you down, you wouldn't let go and we were scared you were gonna wake up, so I just laid down next to you."

He blushes more. "O-oh."

He pauses again, thinking of another question.

"Why were you at my apartment?" He asks.

"I told you we were coming over." Noah quickly says as Daniel and I give him annoyed looks.

"Well, I apparently didn't get that message. Besides, couldn't you have given me a bit more warning? What if I wasn't home?"

We hadn't thought about that. Plus, we were scared he would run off if we told him we were about to confront him.

"We were kinda scared you were gonna run off." I say awkwardly.

"Why would I do that?" He asks pointedly.

Daniel sighs. "Because we were going to talk to you... about things."

Adam looks at the ground, knowing what he means.

"I'm out of questions. It's your guys' turn." He says reluctantly.

Noah places his large hand on his shoulder, face now turned serious.

"Who was that?" His tone is dry.