Chapter 5 - Night Terrors

- Two Weeks Later -

Daniel POV

I'm so excited! It felt like forever, but we finally worked out a date when we could all hang out. Apparently Adam has this super protective boyfriend who just doesn't like him hanging out with people he doesn't know. Still, I'm sure he's a great guy who's just trying to protect his boyfriend.

We arrive, and James texts Adam to tell him we're here.

A few moments later, he's out the door, and hops into the backseat next to Noah (who mentioned beforehand that it was 'his turn').

Adam honestly looks stunning. He has on eyeliner and deep red lipstick, and totally pulls it off. His outfit consists of ripped black jeans and a red crop top under a see through black top.

"Well, don't you look nice!" I say back to him, causing him to blush a bit.

"Thanks, I don't get to dress up much."

"Well, then that's gonna have to change, because you look stunning!"

He just laughs a little, and I pull out of the parking lot. It's a short (but fun) drive to the restaurant, and the waiter immediately takes us to our table.

"Wow, this place is nice!" Adam says in awe as we take our seats.

"Haven't you ever been?" James asks him.

"No, Martin always takes me to the same few places, and I haven't gone out with friends since highschool." He responds.

"Then we have a lot of places to take you." James states confidently.

We order and make a little small talk, Adam asking us a lot of questions. Things like how long we've been together and how we all met.

"I think we should ask you some questions." I finally say.

"Uh... Okay. There's not much to tell, though."

James is bouncing in his seat.

"I have one! Where'd you go to highschool?"

Adam laughs. "Just a little one in a small town not far from here." He answers, showing us a picture of it on his phone. "I barely managed to graduate, though."

"Ooh!" James says, "was it math? I bet it was math! I hate math."

Adam chuckles. "No, I just had some trouble with my living situation and had to consider dropping out."

"Aw, that's sad!" James says, leaning on the table.

Noah does the unthinkable, and actually speaks (gasp!). "You gonna go to college?"

"I don't think so. I don't really have a 'goal career' or anything, and I'm not exactly looking to be in debt."

"That's fair." Noah replied bluntly.

"Are you going to college?" Adam asks him curiously.

"Yes. Medical school."

"Wow, really? Where do you go?"

"Just this place downtown. It's nothing big."

"Well, it's still a lot of work. I'm sure it's not easy, working so hard for something. You must be really dedicated."