Chapter 12 - Home Sweet Home

Adam POV

I walk around the quiet apartment. I've never seen it so empty. Even when he was at work, I would have the tv on to drown out the silence. The silence makes me think.

Now I need to think. I've already decided that I'm going to go stay with the boys. I'm gonna tell James at work tomorrow. That's not what I need to think about.

Actually, I don't know what I need to think about. I just know that I do. That I need to try and process this.

I pass Martin's room, entering my own. I've never gone in there, and don't plan on doing it. I'm sure it's just a normal bedroom, I've just never wanted to go in.

I plop down on my bed, leaving the door open. I used to lock it, before he broke the lock.

I shiver, my hand traveling to my throat. That was a hard night.

I stand, not wanting to sit still. Not wanting to face the memories.

I find myself in the bathroom. I look around. It's pretty average. Just the basics. Toilet, shower, sink, you know the deal.

I open the empty medicine cabinet. Sometimes I wonder what I'd be like if I had stayed on my meds, but it doesn't matter now. I stopped taking them years ago, before I even started dating Martin.

The only thing out of the ordinary in this room is a small, dusty box hidden among the cleaning supplies under the sink. I don't really mess with that box anymore. Not because I "realized it was wrong" or "decided to get the help I need" or anything cheezy like that. It just started feeling pointless, so I don't use them much anymore.

I sigh,wandering back into my room. I flop onto my bed and pull out my phone, eyes drooping. I spot a new message from Daniel.

- is it good to finally be home?

I smile, chuckling a bit.

- i cant wait to leave.

And with that, I fall asleep.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Q: Who would you like to see more of?

Words: 352