Chapter 14 - Moving Day

James POV

I begin my walk back to my job, internally freaking out. God, he looked so fucking delicious. It takes everything in my power not to turn back around, grab him, bend him over the table, and fuck his brains out.

I drool a bit at the idea, quickly wiping it off..

What was I thinking? What if he doesn't like me and I was just being a weirdo? Hell, I just fucked up so bad.

I head into the store and take my seat behind the checkout.

No matter how hard I try, I can't get the image of his red face out of my head.

- One Week Later -

Adam POV

I look through my bag, making sure I have everything. The boys will be here soon to pick me up, and I don't want to forget anything. After all, this will hopefully be the last time I ever see this apartment.

I stare down at the small duffel bag. I didn't have many things to begin with, and when you couple that with the fact that most of the stuff I do own is either bloodstained or gifted from Martin, I don't really have that many things worth keeping.

My eyes wander to the bathroom as I contemplate whether or not to bring my little box. On one hand, they would be nice to have in case I needed them. On the other, if the boys catch me, they might get mad and...

No, they wouldn't do that. Besides, I deserve whatever I get. I know that.

My phone dings, and see a message from Dan pop up.

- We're here

I quickly grab my box and shove it in the bag, zipping it and happily trotting out the door. I exit the building a final time.

I quickly spot Noah's car and jog over, hopping in the back. Noah smiles at me from the front seat, and I can tell It's genuine.

"You ready?"

"Definitely." I tell him, practically beaming.

He starts the car, and we begin down the road. The car is comfortably silent, though I do find myself staring at James. Neither of us has said anything about that almost-kiss thing last week.

I'm sure it's not that big a deal and I'm just being an obsessive freak, as usual. Still, I can't stop thinking about it. About the way he looked at me, about how close our lips were. Dammit Adam, can't you think about anything else?

- An Hour Later -

I smile, sitting on the bed happily. It's nice staying somewhere I'm not always aching to leave. I don't think I've felt like that since elementary school.

Unpacking was pretty quick and easy, only taking about twenty minutes. My few outfits are now safely stored in the dresser, along with my little box, which is safely hidden beneath them. A few chokers and rocks lay on top of the dresser, but other than that the room is basically empty.

There is a knock on the door, making me jump. Daniel opens it, a soft smile on his face.

"We ordered pizza and are gonna watch a movie together out here. Wanna come?"

I stand up, smiling. "Yeah, that sounds like fun. I'll be out in a sec, I just wanna change into something more comfortable." I tell him, and he nods in response, shutting the door.