EPISODE 71

That night was a stormy one. With continuous thunder and rain in the city it was kinda scary. Maybe the weather was describing avni's state of mind.

She felt as if she was cheated on. It was not something that she had expected not at least of Neil. Sitting in the bed with a single lamp lighting the room, she held the orange envelope in her hand. Her eyes continuously gazed at the wall clock and then at the door. But there was no sign of Neil at all.

She sighs recalling something.

Flashback:

It was when avni had regained conscious. She sat in the hospital bed. Her head was literally spinning due to the pain in her shoulder and the additive effects of the medicines. She could have screamed and cried out of pain but she didn't want to make Her family worry about her. All of them were there to see her.

She had plastered a fake smile to console them. Soon the family left leaving her and Neil.

She turned her eyes to Neil who  was sitting next to her all this while holding her hand. His hair were messy. His face was full of tears and agony. This clearly showed how much he had cried for her.

But when she had already spoken to him the last night. They had even confessed their love once again then why was he worried.

Avni: Neil main theek hoon...

She said weakly trying to cheer him up but nothing appeared to work.

Neil: avni... Tum mujhse ek wada karo...

Avni: kaisa waada?

Neil: yahi ki tum.... agar main koi faisla loon to tum mera saath dogi.... Kuch bhi ho jaye...

She frowned looking at him. What actually was he trying to say?

Avni: kaisa faisla?

Neil: abhi nahi... Aage ki baat kar raha hoon...

Avni looked at him and nodded in a yes. Neil smiled and placed a quick peck on her forehead.

Neil: ab rest karo... Main doctor se baat karke aata hoon.

Flashback ends.

Avni: to yehi faisla lene ki baat kar rahe the tum.

She wiped a lone tear in her eyes and leaned back to the headrest. It was not soon when she slept in the same position.

*************

The sun shone brightly warding off the darkness spread by the last night's thunderstorm.

It was since last night avni had not seen Neil she stood in front of the bathroom mirror brushing her teeth. Her eyes were still sad from the last night's surprise or what it is called a shock.

Slipping into a soft Shirt and lower she walked out of the room. Since it was relatively cold today she decided to skip bath. Standing in front of the dressing mirror she held the brush and started brushing her hair with left hand.

Few minutes later she heard the door opening. It was Neil holding a breakfast tray in his hands and a sweet charming smile on his face.

Neil: good morning avni... Sorry kal raat thoda late ho gaya tum so chuki thi to maine uthaya nahi...

He placed the tray on the corner of bed and walked to her. Taking the brush in his hand from her he started brushing her hair.

Neil: mom ne breakfast bheja hai aur maine unse na toast ki jagah parantha banwa diya... Tum bhi bore ho chuki hogi na same same khate huye...