EPISODE 64

Happy reading.

************

Neil looked at her confused. He was not saying any kind of joke here. Why was she smiling.

Neil: tum has kyu rahi ho?

Avni: kyu ki main khush hoon.

Neil: what?

Avni: tumne apna waada nibhaya hai Neil...

He looked at her in surprise. How does she know about the Promise he made?

Neil: Tumhe kaise pata mere waade ke baare mein?

Avni: Tum police wale ho to kya.. main bhi tumhari wife hoon... Har cheez ki khabar rakhti hoon main.

She smiled playfully at him. Neil chuckled at her remark. He loves it when she claims him as hers. The word "wife" sounds too good to him.

Avni extended her left and held his hand. There were some tears and plenty of unsaid emotions in her eyes.

Avni: Pata hai Neil main bohut dar gyi thi jab... jab...

Even recalling that time is painful for her.

Avni: jab... tumhe goli lagi... Mujhe laga meri duni...duniya khatam ho gyi.. Main kuch samajh...

Neil placed finger on her lips. He knew it's difficult for her. And he himself was responsible for the fear in her.

Neil: I'm sorry avni... I love you...

He hugged her close to his heart. Avni held his shirt in her left hand and closed her eyes feeling his heartbeat.

Few minutes of this silence, Neil decided to part away.

Neil: avni ab... Chalo rest karlo.

Before he could move away avni wrapped her arm around his waist.

Avni: Please... Stay

These words were desperate. Neil sighed and stayed still. What else could he hope for today. A small smile came to his lips holding her. They stayed in the same position until sleep took over Avni. Feeling whole of her weight on himself Neil gently placed her back in the bed. He was careful enough so as not to hurt her Right shoulder.

Once she laid on the bed, he shifted back to the stool next to the bed and held her hand in his.

He placed a soft kiss on her forehead before leaning on the bed and giving himself to sleep.

Everything is sorted for the day. 

****************

5 Days later.

Khanna house was beautifully decorated with flowers and fairy lights. A car stopped in front of the main gate. Neil stepped out of the back seat and rushed to the other side.

Opening the door he helped avni come out. She had a small bandage on her forehead. The Sling supporting her right shoulder was still there. Her face was still pale and showed the signs of fatigue.

She stood straight looking at her family standing at the main door with shweta holding an aarti thali. Each member had a smile on respective face. Avni looked at Neil, who held her from her shoulder and left hand.

They have an eyelock.

Tears of happiness formed in her eyes. Neil smiled lightly and shook his head in 'no'. He don't want any type of tears in her eyes. Avni smiled.

Shweta: oye tillu... Stops ghooring... Meri bahu ko gets insides...

Bebe: Arrey Madame Madonna kabhi to chod diya kar mauka angrezi ko neecha dikhane ka...