EPISODE 50

Neil: aur... Shayad main kabhi laut ke na aau...

Avni looked into his eyes shocked. She wanted to search a clue that states he's lying but could not find any.

Her heart sank on the mention of him being away from her.

Neil looked away trying to hide his tears that depicted the state of his helplessness. He was well aware of these risks in his job but he cannot compromise with avni's life. He thinks that she's too young to bear all this. If anything happened to him on this mission it would be avni bearing the brunt for whole of her life.

He came out of his thoughts when he felt his hands free of avni's. He looked up and saw avni sitting emotionless in front of him.

Avni was well aware of his inner turmoil. She knew it is his work. She don't want to make it difficult for him. But her heart is not ready for this.

She silently got up and walked to balcony railing.

Neil looks on.

Avni: kab jana hai?

Neil: agle hafte...

Avni swallowed a lump in her throat and looked at the sky.

Avni: Neil.. Pata hai... Ek-do-hazaar-crore saal baad yeh duniya khatam hone wali hai...

Neil looked at her confused. He could not find any connecting link between the two phrases.

Neil: matlab?

Avni chuckles and turned to him.

Avni: matlab yeh ki kal ki fikar aur kal ka guilt. Aaj ko barbaad karte hai...

Neil was still not able to join the dots.

Avni sighed.

Avni: Neil jo cheez future mein hone wali hai uske liye kyu tension leni? Mujhe kuch zyada experience to nahi hai... Lekin phir bhi kayi baar log apne aane wale kal ki tension ko le ke itna kho jaate hai jaise aaj ho hi na.

Neil looks on.

Avni: kal kya hona hai kisi ko nahi pata... Lekin aaj to humare haath mein hai na... Ab ek din duniya ne khatam ho jana hai to kya uski wajah se hum aaj ko bhool jaaye? Hmm?

She cupped his face with her hands.

Neil shook his head in no. Avni smiled.

Avni: to phir... Tum to yahi kar rahe the... Matlab dekho na... Kitni pyaari raat hai... Hum chahte to baith ke baatein kar sakte the... Is mausam ko enjoy kar sakte the... Coffee cup ke saath... Lekin tumne to sab barbaad kar diya.

Neil: (confused) sab?

Avni: haan.. Yeh khoobsurat raat, yeh mehakti hawayein and obviously paani...

Neil: paani?

Avni: yeh faaltu rone mein aansu barbaad kiye na. (Giggles)

Neil laughed a bit.

Avni stood on her toes and kissed his forehead.

Neil looked at her shocked.

Avni: aise kya dekh rahe ho? Apne pati ko kiss diya hai... Kisi aur ko nahi.

Neil blushed.

Neil: waise tum raat barbaad ka bol rahi thi?

Avni bobbed her head with a sad pout.

Neil smiles.

Neil: to compensation bhi mujhe hi deni hogi na?

Avni smiled.