| CHAPTER 7 |

It was 6 p.m., and instead of catching up on sleep, you were getting ready. Why? Because your best friend wanted to introduce you to his girlfriend, and you were headed out for dinner with them.

It had been five days since you arrived in Seoul, but you still couldn't quite feel comfortable in the city's air—it just didn't feel right.

"Yoongi oppa, I'm heading out. Jackson's here to pick me up!" You called from the staircase, letting your brother know.

"Be home by nine, okay? We start work tomorrow," your brother reminded you.

"Got it, oppa!" You nodded and smiled before heading outside.

Jackson's car was waiting for you at the curb.

"Hey, dumbass," you greeted him as you got in the car.

"Ah, the lazy head finally decided to grace me with her presence!" Jackson teased, laughing as you playfully punched his arm. You rolled your eyes and let out a dramatic gasp before he drove off.

"Y/N, I'm nervous," Jackson said suddenly, breaking the comfortable silence in the car.

"Why? Are you getting married today?" you teased, trying to lighten the mood.

"Haha, very funny. I'm serious."

"I think I should be the one who's nervous," you replied, half-joking, but Jackson wasn't having it.

"I know you're nervous too, but you're good at hiding it," he said, glancing over at you with that familiar, knowing look.

He really did know you too well.

"Yeah, you're right," you admitted, surprised by how easily he could read you.

Jackson gave you a playful 'I know you' smirk, making you chuckle in return. The two of you had always been like this—understanding each other without needing many words.

After about twenty minutes of driving, the car pulled up to an impressive villa. You couldn't help but admire its grand architecture and lush surroundings.

"Welcome, Ms. Min, to my humble abode," Jackson said, opening the door for you and bowing dramatically.

"Humble? This is a freaking villa!" you exclaimed, taking in the sight of the elegant mansion-like home with wide eyes. The beautiful landscaping and luxurious details made it anything but small.

Jackson grinned. "Just a little place I call home."

"