| CHAPTER 9 |

you stood outside, inhaling the crisp Seoul air, you tried to shake off the unsettling feeling that came with seeing Namjoon again. But no matter how hard you tried; his presence still lingered like a shadow.

Jackson appeared by your side moments later, his expression softening when he saw the look on your face. "You, okay?"

You nodded, but deep down, you knew the storm was only just beginning.

"Let's get out of here," Jackson said softly, offering you a smile as he gently tried to steer you away but, you shook your head and whispered " We got a case to fight Jax" 

You tried to snap back but no matter how much you tried your mind was in chaos between past and present. 

"Y/N!" 

Jackson's words snapped you out of the whirlwind of emotions you had been spinning in. His hands firmly gripped your shoulders, forcing you to focus.

"Y/n, just focus on this case. We can't take this unprofessionally," he spat with urgency. His gaze was sharp, filled with concern, but also a steady determination you knew well.

You swallowed hard, still reeling from the encounter. "But... how dare he—"

Jackson cut you off, his tone harsher now, but you knew he wasn't angry—he was trying to pull you back to reality. "Listen here, Y/n. He's the same man who insulted you in front of a hundred students. Do you really want to seem weak in front of him now? After all these years?"

You felt your throat tighten, but his words cut deep because they were true.

Jackson leaned in closer, eyes burning with intensity. "Show him the change you've gone through. Show him you're not that naive girl from six years back. Don't give him the satisfaction of seeing you hurt."

He was right. Why the hell am I crying? This wasn't like you anymore. You weren't the girl who would crumble under pressure. You were a lawyer, a professional, someone who fought for justice and never backed down. You weren't the version of yourself from six years ago—and Namjoon had no power over you now.

You straightened up, inhaling deeply as a wave of newfound resolve washed over you. "Thank you, Jackson." You stepped forward and pulled him into a hug. He patted your back, offering quiet support, just like he always had.

"You've got this. Let's win this case," he said, stepping back with a smile.

The past may have come knocking, but you weren't the same girl it once tried to break. This time, you'd face it head-on. And you'd win.

 And you'd win