sequel teaser

hehehehe aLRIGHT Y'ALL! ARE YOU READY!?

She slowly blinked her eyes open, sitting up.

The walls were white.

The curtains were white.

The stupid floor was white.

The window was open, letting in fresh polluted air. The sounds of yelling and trolleys honking their horns filled her senses.

That, and the bright sun shining in.

The exact opposite of how she was feeling.

Her eyes tried to focus on anything but the whiteness. Her long brown hair, for example.

"Oh good! You're awake!" A cheery voice exclaimed, drawing back the (white- why is everything in this room white?) curtain.

"Where am I?" She frowned, still looking around.

"You're at the hospital, dear." The woman held her clipboard close to her chest, waiting for a response.

"Wh...why?" Her eyebrows scrunched up.

"Oh no." The young nurse pursed her lips. "The doc warned me of this. Do you remember anything?"

The girl thought to herself for a moment. As if all her answers were just out of reach.

"I- I- I-" Her eyes whelmed with tears.

"It's alright." The nurse set her clipboard down, grabbing the child's hand and squeezing it with reassurance. "Take your time."

After a moment of thinking- and her mouth closing and opening like a fish- something clicked in her mind.

"M— my name is... is Anastasia Redwood." Anastasia frowned. "My— my birthday is December 6th... and— and I'm," She held up four fingers. "I'm this old."

"That's good." The blonde-haired nurse smiled softly, writing things down on her clip board. "Can you remember anything else sweetie?"

Anastasia squeezed her eyes shut, thinking hard.

"ANASTASIA!"

FLASH

"NO! STOP!"

CRASH

"MARK! ANNIE! NO!"

BANG

Nothing.

Anastasia jumped back, curling up into a ball.

"So... so much screaming." The small girl whimpered. "F— flashes. Everywhere."

"Shhh." The nurse hushed the small girl. "Shh, calm down. You're alright."

"I want my Momma and Papa!" Anastasia cried. "I wanna go home!"

"Shh." The nurse pulled the child into a tight embrace. "You're going to be okay."

That's a rap you guys! I had so much fun on this journey with you guys and I can't wait for our next one!

Thank you all for being so patient with me through everything! I hope you guys are safe and healthy!

So, till next time

This is Izzy,
Over and out