Chapter 8: One Of The Most Unnecessary Dramatic Reunions Ever

"Heya Stupid." His signature smirk settled onto his face.

"Hey Jerk." She rushed forward, wrapping her arms around his neck. The door slammed shut behind her.

"You have a boyfriend and you didn't tell us?!" Hyper threw his hands up, he listened through the door. "This is absolutely ridiculous."

"Absolutely ridiculous," Sparkles repeated in a mocking voice.

"I missed you," Anastasia mumbled into Race's neck.

"I- I did too," Race murmured back.

"How's Manhattan?" Anastasia smiled, pulling back from the embrace.

"Well..." Race trailed off.

"What did you do..." Anastasia crossed her arms.

"It's more like what someone else did." Race huffed. "Pulitzer raised the price of papes, as ya know. So, we's on strike!"

"Ya on what now?" Anastasia's eyes widened.

"You heard me the first time sweetheart." Race crossed his arms before turning bright pink after he recalled that one Valentine's Day.

"Sweetheart huh?" Anastasia grinned dismissing the bright red on her face, circling Race. "What? Ya Mister Playboy now?"

"Not really-"

"Get a load of this!" Anastasia chuckled, waving her arms around. "Extra! Extra! Sweet little boy goes from a sweetheart to a playboy in the timespan of four and a half years!"

"Shut up Stupid." Race was still a gleaming shade of pink.

"Oh yeah? Ya don't wanna call me a sweetheart again?" Anastasia cackled, going on the balls of her feet to get close to Race's face.

If it was possible, Race got redder.

"At least you don't look like a child anymore." Race shrugged. "Growing up sure did ya well."

It was Anastasia's turn to flush bright red.

"You don't look half bad yourself." Her voice stumbled. (uGh, sO cRiNgy)

"What? Can't take a compliment Redwood?" Race laughed, getting all up in her face.

"Well if I can't, you certainly cannot." She pushed him back by his shoulders.

"Alright alright! We're getting off track heah." Race waved his hands around.

"Right." Anastasia nodded. "Strike huh?" She circled Race. "Has Jackie Boy lost his godd*mn mind?"

"Pfft." Race snorted. "He lost his mind before you left."

"Fair point."

"C'mon Stais, why don't ya join us? Stop The Woild and all the jazz."

Anastasia chuckled softly. "You still pronounce 'world' wrong."

"And erster." Race shrugged. "Old habits die hard, Stupid."

"Not Sweetheart?" Anastasia blinked, elbowing the taller boy.

"It slips out one time," Race grumbled.

"Just don't expect me to call you something like that." Anastasia crossed her arms.

"Wouldn't count on it." Race winked.

Anastasia made a gagging motion.

"It suits you though," Race commented, looking off absentmindedly. "Always have been, except for when you're mad."