Chapter 12: Who Needs Therapy When You Have Fox And Temper!?

APOLOGIES! THIS CHAPTER IS

t e r r i b l e

Race walked back from Queens, his head hanging low.

"Racer, dat you?" The familiar voice of a former newsie rang in front of Race.

Race looked up, blue eyes meeting green.

"Foxy?"

"Racer!" The taller boy wrapped his arms around the shocked newsie.

Race pulled out of the hug, clearly panicking.

"Race, you oka-"

"Just gimme one second." Race backed away, pacing around in circles. "Two childhood friends in one day? Okay Race, breathe- no! Not like that! Inhale... exhale..."

Fox watched, amusement shining in his deep green eyes.

"Okay- okay- I'm good now." Race looked back at Fox before turning straight back around. "Never mind, no I'm not."

"Racer you good?"

"Fantastic!"

Big words Racer.

Get out of my head Anastasia! Race mentally screamed. He could already see the fifteen-year-old girl's stern look.

"How are you Foxy?" Race finally had the courage to ask.

"What am an I? And old headline?" Temper scoffed. "No one ever says hi to me."

"Oh hi Temper."

"Yeah yeah." Temper huffed, waving Race off.

"You've grown a lot kid." Fox smiled warmly.

"Yeah no kidding." Temper scoffed, elbowing Fox.

"So how's Anastasia?"

Race's smile dropped.

"She's okay I guess." Race shrugged.

"I guess?" Temper raised an eyebrow.

"I mean, she runs Queens now so she's doing great. Our friendship? Not really existent anymore." Race looked away.

"Did something happen?" Fox asked softly.

Before Race knew it he was the same frightened seven-year-old he was when he first met Fox, sobbing into the older boys shoulder.

The twenty-one-year-old man hugged back tightly.

"We yelled some really bad things Foxy." Race muttered. "Real- real bad."

Race's mind flashed back to the rage he felt, making him shudder.

"Yeah? Yeh?" Race got up in her face like he used to when they were younger. "I don't know why we were friends in the first place." He turned his back. Frustrated tears threatening to fall.

"I don't know why either!" Anastasia huffed. Race started to walk back to Manhattan. "Yer- yer just gonna walk away huh? Yeah! Yeah go ahead after four and a half years of nevah seeing each other dis is how yer gonna end it? Okay! Yeah! Go ahead Racer!"

Race stopped, clenched his fists and grit his teeth, "I hate you." Race closed his eyes, his voice shaky as he mumbled, "I- I hate that I love you." [THAT LAST LINE THO] [dang] (lol) (happy Sunday ;))

"What's dat Racer?" Anastasia sneered, trying to keep a steady voice.

"I HATE YOU!" Race yelled, turning back to Anastasia. "I- I- I WISH I LET THE COPS TAKE YOU!" The angry feeling that clouded his mind evaporated with every word he just said. [sadness] (lol)

Immediately wanting to take it back but it was too late... the damage was done.

"I said some terrible things." Race admitted, mumbling. "A lot of terrible things."

"You guys will fix things." Fox mumbled, chin resting atop of Race's head. "You always do..."

"I'm not so sure this time." Race muttered.

Fox pulled away, resting his hands atop oh Race's shoulders.

"Who said the journey was ever going to be easy? You really love Anastasia? Go for it. You can't lose yerself on the roller coaster." (Although I totally wouldn't blame race) (they go from enemies, to best friends, to strangers, to frenemies, to friends, to best friends, to lovers)

Race flushed red. "Who said I-"

"We got your back kid." Temper patted the younger boys shoulder.

"Really?"

"Really." Fox nodded.

"And if you really need us," Temper grinned. "go to Medda's and ask for us."

"And we'll jump off the stage for you." Fox continued, a contagious smile on his face.

"You guys woik at Medda's?" Race smiled happily.

"We're showman now." Fox nodded.

"Who'da thunk." Race laughed.

"You'll fix things, okay kid?" Fox took of Race's newsboy cap and playfully ruffled his blonde hair.

"O- okay." Race steadied his voice.

"Right, now amscray punk! We still have a show to do." Temper elbowed Race with a bright grin on his face.

"You still remember Pig Latin." Race smiled, awestruck.

"Ouyay etbay idkay." Fox grinned back. (bLeH! sO cRinGey-)

"Whoa." Race breathed in.

"Remember, if ya need us, we'll be at Medda's." Fox smiled, giving Race a huge hug.

"Yeah." Race nodded. "For sure... tanks." Race tried for a small smile. [tAnKs] (IT WAS 1:21 AM) [WHY] (BECAUSE I HAVE NO OTHER TIME TO WRITE)

"Good luck kid."

"Go get 'er!"

...this was so cringey

IM SORRY YOU GUYS, THIS WAS TERRIBLE!!!!

NEXT WEEK, THE CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE aMaziNg SO STAY TUNED

AND UM

yeah?

I've also been binging Merlin-

AHHHH IT'S SO GOOD THOOO (*insert fangirl moment*

ahem

Anyway,

BEFORE YOU GO!!

DON'T FORGET TOOOOOOOO

VOTE!

SELL YA PAPES!

COMMENT!

FIGHT MONSTERS!

SAVE THE WOILD!

AND TRY NOT TO DIE!

This is Izzy,
Over and out