Ponytail (Little Beomgyu)

(My Grandma's Dog Says Hi)

503 Words

Little: Beomgyu

Caregivers: Yeonjun and Soobin

Yeonjun POV

Being a parent is difficult. How did my mom and dad EVER do this?

Lucky for us it's not a full time job. Beomgyu is a little and isn't always in his headspace. But when he is, that's when the trouble kicks in.

Soobin stepped in to help me, which at a time like this was very needed.

"Beomgyu please sit down!", Soobin yelled.

"No! No wan hair done!"

"Beomgyu sit down! We can't go out with your hair up in the sky like that!"

"No daddy! No!"

I was standing there with a brush and comb, waiting for Soobin to wrangle the frustrated little. Kai and Taehyun were upstairs getting ready.

Today, we're supposed to go to the park with some of our friends and have a picnic. But if Beomgyu doesn't get his hair done, we'll be late.

Soobin waa frustrated and I could tell he was reaching his limit with Beomgyu.

"CHOI BEOMGYU SIT DOWN NOW!", he yelled.

Beomgyu stopped running around and looked at Soobin. I saw his lips tremble before he started crying.

"Mommy! Daddy yell at me!"

He ran to me and hugged me. He turned to pout at Soobin, making him walk over to us.

"I'm sorry Gyu, but you need to listen to me and Mama. You want to go to the picnic right?"

"Yea...", Beomgyu replied.

"Well let Mama do your hair and then we can go."

He wiped Beomgyu's eyes, guiding him to the chair in the living room.

I stood behind him and began to style his hair.

"Are we feeling regular hair today or...ponytail?"

"Ponytail Mama!", he replied.

I smiled as I grabbed a hair tie. I brushed his hair up and decided to put a ponytail on top.

Soobin was fixing the picnic basket and laughed when he saw me struggling to get all of Gyu's hair.

Eventually I was able to encase it all in the hairtie and stand back to bask in my hairstyle skills. Beomgyu hopped up and touched his hair.

"I cute mama?"

"Very cute baby."

He jumped up and down happily. Kai and Taehyun came downstairs, and Soobin entered the living room with our picnic basket.

"I packed an extra bottle for Beomgyu since he still likes those.", Soobin said.

"Did you get the pouches from the cabinet. I got some for him at the store.", Kai asked.

"Yes I did baby.", Soobin replied.

"Baby-", Taehyun scoffed, "Since when do you call Kai baby?"

"Since he got so cute. So technically...forever."

Beomgyu pulled on Soobin's shirt.

"Yes Gyu?"

"I not you baby?", he said with a pout on his face.

"Of course you are angel. But Kai is a different kind of baby. A special one."

"Thank you hyung.", Kai replied.

We all grabbed our things before leaving the house.

I noticed Kai had tied his hair up as well.

"You have a ponytail too?", I asked.

"Of course! I had to match the baby."