Dearest Confessions

" I used to think you took my breath away, but then I realized I was being suffocated by all your bullshit"

Love that.

I decided to stay at Echo's place for the night. I couldn't even look at Parker's face. That lying bastard. I never felt so used in my life. I should've known that people don't change overnight. And Parker miraculously did. I guess I wanted to believe that he actually wanted to bury the hatchet.

"Hey wake up." Echo says shaking me awake. I push my hair out of my eyes. Bright light shines into my eyes, I hiss. Does this girl not have curtains?

"What?" I groaned. She scuffs at me. She hates it when people give her attitude. The fact

"Nuh-Uh. Don't 'what me' if you want some damn breakfast." She says. I rub my eyes. At the mention of food, my ears shoot up.

"Come on, I put a towel in the bathroom and some clothes you left the last time you were here. Go shower." She says, rubbing my arm. She's pitying me. Am I that pathetic?

"Thanks." I say, hopping out of the bed. I take a quick shower and slip on my high waisted jeans and a black top. I blow dry my hair then go downstairs. Echo bought some coffee and muffins, thank god. As much as I love her, she cannot cook to save her life. This girl put 1/2 cup of salt into our cookies during a bake sale in middle school. Gave the student body a shit load of stomach pain.

"Mmm." I say, grabbing a chocolate chip muffin and a coffee. She sits across me quietly. Studying me. When Echo look at you, it's like her big brown eyes are boring right into your soul. It's quite uncomfortable, might I say.

"What?' I ask. She clears her throat. Her eyes finally leave mine, for a second, only to return. Great.

"I don't meant to pry but- actually I do. What the hell happened last night?" She aks.

"Echo, I don't want to burden you-" I state.

"No, your burdens are mine too. So speak." She demands.

"Parkers was being really sweet these past couple days. Sure I thought it was odd but he was being great. Turns out he was just buttering me up so he could ask his girlfriend if she could move in with us." I say, quietly. Echo's eyes are wide in shock.

"No." She says, disbelievingly.

"Yeah. You know what sucks? It's that I think I was actually starting to like that Parker." I say. She puts her hand on mine.

"Oh Tate. You know I'm going to have to rip his balls off." She says. My mouth starts twitching.

"Um, no." I say.

"Then I'm going to castrate him limb by limb then-"

"Echo, chill. I have to go home and get ready for work." I say. I grab my bag. She get sip and pulls me into a tight embrace.

"Tate, he is honestly not even worthy to kiss your feet, much less make you feel some type of way." She says. I grab my coffee. I blow her a kiss then I'm out the door.

I pay the cab fare and walk up to the house. You can do this. You can face this lying, using asshole. I ruffle for the keys in my bag and stick them quietly in the door. I tiptoes to my room and get changed. This is ridiculous, I think. He should be afraid of seeing me considering I want to much him in his bastard face. I grab my bag and run downstairs. I snatch the keys off the table.

"Tate is that you?" I hear Parker call from his room. Screw him. Acting like everything s fine. I angrily slam the door, making sure he heard me.

~

"Hi." He says. He looks....discombobulated. Hair disheveled, stubble and dark eyes. He wears a white t shirt and jeans.

"Hi Ethan. Look before you-"

"No Tate. Listen. I know what I said was out of line. I should be the one who's sorry. I have no idea what came over me. I just really don't like Parker." He says, rubbing his eyes.

"What is it with you two? Why do you hate each other so much?" I say, taking off my my apron. It was my turn to close up today.

"It's nothing." He says. I lock up the store and head to my car with Ethan.

I lean against my car and turn to face him. "I'm just glad that your not mad any-" The he crashes his lips onto mine. My eyes widen. He's obviously crushing on you. Parkers words come flooding back to me. I stand there stiffly. He pulls back, looking at me curiously.

"Ethan-" I whisper.

"I love you." He blurts. "I've loved you since we met when we were 11. I loved you then and I love you now Tate. I know this is a lot to take in but, we've been friends forever and I didn't want to keep this from you anymore." He says in a rush. My mine is jumbled. I don't know what to say. I don't even know what to think.

"Ethan, I love you too but-"

"No buts, Tate. All that matters is that we both feel the same way. I'll call, you tommorow." He pecks my cheek then runs off to his car. I stand there in awe. I was going to say love you as a friend, clearly a horrible choice of words. I breath out and ruffle my hair. My life is a complete shithole.

Hey guys!
How was the chapter?!

Are you guys
#TeamEthan
#TeamParker
?? Hmm...
Make sure to
Vote and comment! It would mean a great deal to me!
Thanks for over a 100 reads!!
SHAAARREE