Dearest Returns

Hey guys!

I am so sorry for not updating in the longest time. I was having the bigge case of writers block. Again I am so sorry.

Here's an update and if your still reading this I totally do not deserve you. Thanks for reading my loves!

"That terrible feeling that your being replaced and there's nothing to can do to stop it. "

Tate's P.O.V

"Can you stop apologizing? It wasn't your fault. Besides whatever went down with you and Parker was not my business anyway." I sip my coffee and give Ethan a condescending look. He looks at me warily before taking a bite of his croissant.

"I just feel like I should've been the one to tell you." He murmurs.

"It doesn't matter to me, okay? How is this JJ anyway?" I ask, picking at my donut.

The truth was, I was a little bit jealous. JJ has been keeping Ethan on a leash. He hasn't even hung out with me in the longest time because he's had plans with her. I understand that they're dating and my status as best friend apparently doesn't trump girlfriend. But it's been getting ridiculous.

"She's amazing." He gushes. "It's like when I'm with her, I'm just a better person you know? She brings out the best in me. I really think we're gonna work, Tate."

I manage a smile. I truly am happy for Ethan, but the more he gets closer to her, the further away from me he becomes.

"Well, I'm happy for you but please tell me we are still on for Scream movie marathon at my house?"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world."

~

Parker was gone for the weekend. He went to New York for his interview. Honestly, I was grateful. We weren't on the best of terms, even thought we were slowly becoming friends. He seemed really mad at me. He didn't even say goodbye, just took off. Besides, I don't think I could handle speaking to him. Not yet anyway.

Fighting with Parker was something I had gotten used to over the years. Granted, most of those were petty fights and he was the one to instigate it. But now we were sort of almost friends I guess. We've been getting along and having fun together. So now that we fought, I just felt extremely guilty.

My pride is just so big, I can't bring myself to call and apologize.

I cook up some popcorn and fill a bowl with gummy bears. Ethan should be here any minute.

I take a seat on the couch an get a head start on eating the gummy bears- because gummy bears are a gift to the world when Ethan knocks on the door.

"Took you long eno-"

I'm surprised to see that Ethan had brought JJ, the girl who left Parker for Ethan. I don't even know what to say. I'm not sure if i should invite her in.

"I didn't know you were bring JJ?" I smile tightly at Ethan. He grins brightly at me.

"I just though my girlfriend and my best friend should get to know each other. Right?"

I look at JJ, who is beaming at me. Her smile makes it so difficult to picture her as the one who hurt Parker. She just looks so....innocent.