Dearest Forgiveness

Hello again guys!
Here's a new chapter and I'm glad the story is finally progressing because were halfway through! I only plan to write about 30 to 35 chapters and I really want to focus on Tate and Parker and them  getting to know each other on a deeper level and stuff so yeah.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."

Tate's P.O.V

He's here.

My dad is standing in front of my door and he looks....grief stricken. Stubble covers his jaw and his eyes are tired. He looks.. broken.something about him is different from the last time I saw him.

I stand there, lost for words not knowing what to say. He scratches his chin and looks looks at looks at me wearily.

"May I come in?" He asks, quietly.

I move toward the wall to make space for him to walk past me. He walks in and looks around.

A part of me wants to slam the door in his face. Then open the door back up and yell

I close the door and walk to the living room. I stand while he takes a seat on the couch.

"Lovely home you have-"

"Why are you here?" I ask crossing my arms. It hurts. It hurts to look at him because of everything he made me and my mother go through.

"Tate listen." He starts. "Your mother, she never told me about you."

I laugh. That's the best he could come up with?

"That's not true. My mom told me you didn't want kids, but apparently you changed your mind. You just didn't want me. You left my mom, who was only 18 to raise me herself."

It gets quiet for a while and he looks at me hurt filling his eyes. Guilt rushes me. No. I have nothing to feel guilty about. He ruined everything. He ruined this family.

"Tate I swear to god your mother never told me about you. When we were together, it was around when she was going off to college and I was moving away. I told her that long distance- it's tough but we could make it work.  I remember her saying that it couldn't- it would never."

"She was just yelling and and telling me need to leave. She wanted me to stay at first but I told her that wasn't possible. We didn't have money for college and my scholarship was the only way I would be able to go to university."

"Your mom ended things before I left. That was 21 years ago. I guess I know now why she was begging me to stay.
My dad he, he didn't approve of your mom and I dating. I didn't care though but then he made me apply to universities far away, so I would have to move away. And when I got a scholarship in Detroit, I had to go. Leaving your mom was, the hardest thing I've ever done. My dad kept telling me high school sweethearts never lasted anyway and I thought he was right."

"So when your mom begged me to stay, I told her I couldn't. I had no idea she was pregnant. She didn't look of at all.  I told her that I wouldn't be allowed to stay but we could try long distance. She shot me down immediately and that was it. She stayed back home in Chicago and I moved away. After I finished university I came back here and I didn't get in touch with your mom because I thought you know- too much bad blood had past between us and I should let it stay where it should. In the past."