Dearest Friends

"Kiss me and you will see how important I am." Sylvia Plath

I woke up feeling ready to start my new job. I spent all week looking for a summer job. I need to make some money. I found a job at a dinner not too far from home. I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth. Parker had been avoiding me for days. We all know silence is deadly, so I'm constantly on guard. Checking my shampoo and everything. But nothing came. Maybe he's letting me off.

I put on my bra and panties. I grab my uniform which is a short tight blue dress and a small apron at the waist. You had to button it from bottom to top. I grabbed a sweater to wear once I got outside. I curled my hair. The top of the dress was very revealing. I slipped on white heels. I did my eyeliner and mascara. I grabbed my bag and rushed downstairs to eat. Thankfully, Parker was making waffles.

"What's all this?" I ask. He grins at me.

"Just making breakfast for my favorite girl." He says and my cheeks redden. I grabbed a plate and tried to get a waffle but he moved my hand away. Before I could question him, a girl wearing one of Parkers shirts walked on.

"You didn't think I meant you, did you?" He grins at me. I glare at him and my cheeks heat in embarrassment. When he kisses his girlfriend, I snatch a waffle and run to the living room. Imbecile. After I finish I take my plate to the kitchen and Parker is sitting at the table.

"Hot outfit." He says. I roll my eyes.

"It's for work." I say, washing my hands.

"Oh so your, what? A stripper? I mean that's a whole new low, even for you, cupcake." He says.

"Oh so stripping is low now? Isn't that where you go to pick up your girls?" I say. He glares at me.

"Oh so your doing this for me huh? Sorry can't say your my type sweetie." He says. I takes everything I have not to pounce on him.

"Oh yeah and what is?" I say grabbing my bag.

"Hot." He says. I glare at him.

"You just called me hot like a minute ago." I say incredulously. He shakes his head.

"I said your outfit was. Now if it was on another girl-" I don't let him finish. I slap him upside the head before leaving. I can't believe the nerve of that guy. I walk to my car and drive to work.

~

One of the other workers, Melissa gave me a tour of the diner, which wasn't very necessary but appreciated and showed me how to work the cash register which also wasn't necessary since I was on serving duty.

I had to say, I was getting the hang of this mighty quickly. You may even call me a natural. I know let's not get ahead of ourselves, because that's when Parker and the girl from this morning walked in. I tried to act busy, organizing salt shakers on the table but Melissa found me.

"Mind getting table 4." She says and I smile at her tensely. Leave it to the universe to fuck me over.

"Can I get your orders?" I ask and Parker grins widely at me.

"Well if it isn't Tate. What a coincidence." Coincident my ass. He knew I was going to work here.

"I'll have a spicy tuna wrap and my girl here will have a salad." How sexist of him to order for her! And a salad nonetheless!

"Are you sure thats what you want?" I ask the girl. She smiles at me and nods her head. Oh dear lord.

"Coming right up." I grit my teeth at Parker. I should spit in his wrap. That'll show'em. I decide against it though, not wanting to get fired on my first day and all. I do add extra hot sauce to his tuna wrap though. I grab his tuna wrap and the girls salad and hand it to them cheerfully.