Dearest Protector

"I feel quite fearless protecting the people I love." Paloma Faith

When I get back from a long day at work, Parker is sitting on the counter with a bunch of candy. I mean there chocolate bars, gummies, hard candy. Everything. I lick my lips.
As much as I want to dive in, I'm still angry at Parker. I go to my room and shake out my hair from the bun it was in. I take of my uniform and put on some black cotton shorts a tank top and a long grey cardigan. I put on my slippers then go downstairs. Parker is just sitting there, grinning so wide my eyes hurt.

"What's all this?" I ask.

"Glad you asked. This is what I like to call Parker Palooza. We ask each other questions and if your answer is worthy enough for candy, you shall have. Same goes for if you do a dare." He says.

"Interesting." I say. I can feel my mouth water. I couple questions didn't hurt anyone. I've always had a sweet tooth. The only reason I offered to go to the supermarket was to haul candy.

"You in?" He asks. I give him a small nod. I take a seat across from him.

"Alright Tate. Truth or dare?" He asks waggling his eyebrows. I want to laugh, but I make a straight face.

"Truth." I say.

"Who was your first kiss?" He asks. I think back to 11th grade. Those were the days.

"Nelson Higgins. Eleventh grade. I mean this guy does not play around. He made sure our date was on a day it rained. Then he walked me to my door and kissed me in the rain." I say, recalling that day. Parker looks disgusted.

"Smelly Nelly? Why in the world would you go on a date with him? Does your sense of smell not work?" He asks. I roll my eyes.

"It's want that bad. Alright your turn." I grab a back of sour candy and dropped it on my lap.

"Dare." He says. He doesn't know what's coming for him.

"Alright, you asked for it." I tell him, I lean toward him.

"Eat something out of the trash." I say and he immediately cringes.

"I underestimated you Tate. Your sick." He says and we walk over to the trash. He opens it and starts sifting through it. This guy is actually going to do it. Then he finds a package of smarties. Still closed. Knowing Parker he must've put it in there, knowing I would ask him his. Touchè.

"Well well what do we have here. I guess my luck is just so great." He says. And opens the package. Curse me!

"How the hell did that get in there? I asks. He shrugs innocently and empties the package into his mouth. Great. We sit back at the counter. He takes a chocolate bar.

"Truth or Dare, Tatum?" I know he's got something planned. He only used my full names occasion.

"Dare." I say.

"I dare you to go to the neighbors, ask them for a cup of milk then spill it on them." I immediately shake my head.

"No fricken way, Parker. Do you want to get me killed?" I asks. Okay, I was probably exaggerating but it was a difficult dare.

"Are you doing it or not Tate?" He asks. His eyes are challenging me and I'm not one to back down from a challenge.

"Fine." I go to the neighbors knock lightly. Sadly they open the door. A man who look like he's in his late twenties greets me.

"What may I do for you?" He asks. Parker is going to feel my wrath later on.

"I was wondering if I could get a glass of milk. I'm baking ate my house and it seems I've run out." I say, my heart racing. He smiles.