The Strange Detective

THIS IS ANOTHER CROSSOVER!

Ships: Dad!Stephen x Secret Person

Warnings: Language, brief mention of suicide, Spoilers to a show..? But like not really so it's alright. IYKYK

People at the tower: Tony, Pepper, Very Annoying!Steve, Bruce, Clint, Natasha, T'Challa, Stephen, and Bucky.

<~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~>

When Stephen Strange agreed to join the Avengers, he had hoped it would give him something to cure the void of eternal boredom.

But no. It was just one meeting... after another meeting... after another meeting.

Meetings before each mission, meetings after each mission, meetings for the constant law suits against them, meetings to discuss new protocols and alliances... you get the idea.

Now that he was an Avenger, he was somehow even more bored than he was before. And based on his past experiences with boredom, it was a bad sign for what was to come.

Or so he thought.

<•>

"Strange, can you please focus?"

Stephen immediately narrowed his eyes at the source of the vocal intrusion, which seemed to be one Steven Grant Rogers.

"Why?"

Tony, Bucky, and Clint quietly snickered as Steve furrowed his eyebrows.

"This is a very important meeting, and you are an Avenger. You are required to–"

The sorcerer rolled his eyes noticeably. "Borrrring. I'm bored. This meeting has to do with nothing important except apparently boring us to death."

The captain was starting to get visibly frustrated and pursed his lips. "If saving lives isn't a priority, what do you suggest we do?"

"Anything interesting, maybe?"

Everyone besides Steve smirked and/or started quietly chuckling. The "First Avenger", on the other hand, huffed and started to continue the meeting. "Alright, if we had gone through the second route–"

T'Challa's Kimoyo Beads cut Steve off, chiming and lighting up. The king looked up at the captain apologetically before slowly answering the signal.

A hologram popped up in the palm of T'Challa's hand, and the king gave a small smile. "Hello, Everett, I wasn't expecting you to contact me."

"Hey, T'Challa. I'm... I apologize your highness, but are you at one of those meetings with the team?" Everyone looked at Everett confused as the agent slipped in and out of a British accent.

"Actually yes I am. Are you okay? You don't seem yourself."

Everett takes a shaky breath, but can't help but slip into a British accent. "I'm fine, just... Shit–"

The man looked around and locked eyes with Stephen. "Strange."

Stephen looked concerned. "How so?"

"I- I O U. Just... P-Please lock it. " The hologram quickly ended the call, causing the Avengers to all look to their teammates.

"T'Challa, Stephen, who was that?"

"Agent Everett Ross with the CIA. He took a bullet for Nakia, and helped me defend Wakanda on one of our darkest days. What I do not understand, though, is why he had a British accent. He's American."