Chapter 38 --The Face of Fear

Comincia dall'inizio

"I love you too, Mommy," Ian said, reminding us of his presence. He was watching us the whole time. I pulled him closer to me and gave him a big hug.

"Aw, you always melt my heart, baby. I love you more," I smiled and kissed his forehead. Liam watched us with a huge smile on his face. I didn't want the day to end.

***

After work, I decided to go to Liam's office. I get nervous whenever I visit his company because of the way people stare at me. There are lots of familiar faces, especially on the executive floor. I only see a few new faces including his secretary.

"Surprise!" I said as I entered his office. Liam looked up from his laptop with a smile on his face. He stood up and walked towards me.

"Hey baby," He said kissing me. I love to see him happy to see me.

"How was work today?" He asked sitting beside me on the couch.

I managed to find another company to work for. I made sure Liam did not interfere.

"Ah... the same. How about you?" I asked caressing his hand.

"I'm trying to close a deal with a construction company in Germany before I catch my flight. It has been quite stressful," He answered.

"I'm here to cheer you up. I know it's gonna turn out great. You are Liam Greenwood. You got this. I just came by to see you before your flight to Canada," I said with a smile.

"I'm gonna miss you and Ian, but I promise I won't stay long. Just 24 hours. As soon as I'm done, I'm coming home. So, where are you heading now?" He asked caressing my cheeks.

"I'm just gonna head to Lindy's house to pick up Ian. I told her to get him after school and take him to her house," I explained.

"I still don't like the school he's going to. I told you to let us change his school to a more suited one and with more security. You also need a bodyguard so that when I travel, I'll have peace of mind," He said, complaining again.

He talks about this all the time.

"We already discussed this Liam. Now is not the time to go over it again. You have a flight to catch and I need to go get Ian. I don't need a bodyguard. It's only gonna draw attention. Now, if you will excuse me, I have to go. I love you, have a safe flight." I stood up and gave him a small kiss. I smiled as I walked out of his office.

"I love you more!" He said loudly.

I heard the staff whispering again as usual. They always do when I come to his company.

Nothing surprises me anymore. I would usually stop by Arie's office too, but she already told me she's having a lunch meeting with a director.

I saw John on my way to the parking lot. John is still working for Liam. He's the head of all security of the whole corporation and Liam's trusted bodyguard. Liam trusts him more than anything and so do I.

John was so happy to see me. His face when he saw Ian was priceless. John is one of the kindest people I've ever met. He's not quick to judge.

John and I chatted for a while before I left the building.

I pulled up at the front of Lindy's house. I got out of my car. I was about to walk into her house when a black van pulled up beside me like it was about to hit me.

Before I could react, a huge guy came out of the van and covered my mouth. He pulled me inside the van. I struggled to free myself, but the person was too strong. I screamed but he covered my nose and mouth with a cloth. Everything else went dark.

***

I opened my eyes slowly, but the light stopped me. I shut my eyes immediately, feeling pain in my head and eyes. I tried to move my hands, but I couldn't. I opened my eyes, and I tried to remember what happened.

I found myself sitting on a chair with my legs and hands tied to it. I tried to move them, but I couldn't. Then I remember what happened.

After leaving work, I stopped by Liam's office. I spoke with John before leaving for Lindy's house. I remember making it to Lindy's house, but I was stopped by the black van before I could make it to her door.

"Oh my god!" I whispered, realizing that I had been kidnapped.

"Finally, the Queen is awake. I figured you already put all the pieces together. You are easy to read," A strange voice said, but I couldn't see him. The light bulb was directly in my face. I twirl my head to try and figure out who he was and where he was.

"Oh, sweetheart, don't stress yourself. I'll just turn on the light," He said. The whole room lit up and the one in front of me was off. I could see him.

He has dark hair, a very fit body, and a nice face. He's probably in his thirties. He's wearing blue jeans and a black leather jacket. He's like 6 feet tall. But something about him seems familiar.

He pulled a chair in front of me.

"Hmm, you're prettier in person than in the pictures. Now I see why Liam is crazy about you," He ran his hand on my cheeks. I tried moving, but I couldn't move.

Who the hell is he and how does he know Liam?

"Who are you and what am I doing here?" I asked, but my voice was shaking. I think he could hear my heart beating fast.

"First, I'm not ready to introduce myself. I'll introduce myself whenever I want. You'll find out later. Second, I will also let you know what I want from you when I get hold of your baby daddy," He said bitterly.

"Leave him out of this. It's me you want isn't it?" I said, making him laugh.

"Ah! Isn't that adorable? You to think I want something from you? Well, I know everything about you, about your family. I also know you come from a rich family. You've been avoiding your rich dad since you came back to New York. I know all I need to know about you. Well, I don't need anything from your dad. I have no business with him. Liam is the reason why you're here," He replied with an evil grin on his face.

"What are you talking about? Liam will never do anything to hurt me." I spat angrily.

"Well, let's see about that. I hope you're right. Oh... less I forget. Your son is also with us but not in this building. Let me show you," He pressed a button and a flat screen came up with a video of Ian sitting on a chair. Two grown girls are sitting beside him. I could see the fear in his eyes. My baby has been crying.

My heart dropped, and tears won't stop running down from my eyes. I could feel the rage build inside me. He switched off the TV.

"YOU BASTARD! What did you do to my son?! I demand to see my son now. Leave him out of this! He's just a child. What type of sick psycho are you?!" I yelled at him.

He moved close to my face. He grabbed my cheeks so hard with one hand making my mouth open wide.

I winced in pain.

"Now, you listen and listen well. If your boyfriend knows what's good for him he will do whatever I ask of him. Or else I will kill your son slowly right in front of you. Then you'll die a thousand deaths. Then I'll kill you right in front of him. Do you understand!" He yelled at my face

Tears won't stop coming out of my eyes. I can't handle the pain I'm feeling both physically and emotionally. He let go of my cheeks, but he didn't move away so I spit on his face.

"You little bitch!" He said angrily and slapped me across the face as hard as he could, turning my head to the side. "Ah," I wince at the pain.

"I've entertained you enough. I'll see you in the morning. We will let your boyfriend know where his girlfriend and his son are. Speaking of your boyfriend, he has been calling your phone," He smirked and left. He switched the light off and the one facing me came back on.

I couldn't hold back anymore I broke into tears.

"My baby..." I repeated over and over.

Don't forget to vote and comment. Have a nice weekend.