Highway To Hell

Bobby looked like he was about to pass out once we arrived back at his place. Taron looked shocked and just stood there when he saw that Sam was back. Either way, the reactions were what I thought they would be. However, Bobby dragged Dean outside, probably to confront him on what he did to bring Sam back. "I believe there were no demons lurking around in the town," Taron said, "I didn't sense anything."

"You don't think there could've been a shield?" I asked.

"Not unless there was witchcraft involved, and you and I can pick up on that."

"Mediums can pick up on witches?" Sam asked.

"Not exactly," Taron explained, "We can know when the presence of magic is used, but in terms of picking up on a witch, unless they are also a demon or a supernatural creature, they just appear as human to us."

"So shield theory is a no," I said, looking back at Sam, "But this is getting more confusing. How were the demons able to hide themselves so well?"

"Probably because they weren't actually there," Taron said, "They may have been using their goblet of blood...you know, what is used to communicate between demons?"

"Would it work on us, though?" Sam asked.

"I wouldn't rule it out, considering that this guy pretty much drugged you and the others with his own blood."

This made Sam clench his jaw, probably thinking about how he was going to be called a "monster" and other things. I took his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, assuring him that he will be okay. "So what's our next move?" I asked.

"Well, funny enough...Bobby and I have noticed a lot of demon activity in the area," Taron said.

"That's why I had a headache coming here?"

"Yes. I'm surprised you didn't put two and two together."

"I've been too focused on what has happened in the past...not even the past 24 hours. When I have so much on my mind or I'm under a lot of stress, I inadvertently block out any chance of knowing whether or not a spirit or demon is nearby."

"Well that definitely confirms how powerful you are," Taron said, "Normal mediums like myself...we cannot block it out as well as ones like you."

"Really?" I said, "Huh...that's interesting."

Suddenly, Bobby and Dean came in with a woman. She looked a little beat up but could definitely hold her own. I took a little peak into her emotional state, and here adrenaline was definitely running high. However, there was also a sense of grief in there as well.

Bobby handed her a glass of holy water, to which she just rolled her eyes but drank it anyways. "Alright, whiskey, now," she said.

Bobby went over to the kitchen and the woman's eyes went to Sam. However, she jumped a little bit when she saw me. "Is...is this...?"

"Rosemarie, Ellen. Ellen, Rosemarie," Dean said.

I held my hand out to shake her's and she immediately shook it. She suddenly pulled me into a hug, which caught me off guard. "Oh my God," she goes, "I can't believe you're alive. When I heard what happened to your parents I thought the worst."

I pulled away from the hug, stunned at what she said. "You...you know my parents?"

"They used to accompany my husband and myself while with Winchester on the hunts. You look so much like your mother...I thought I was seeing a ghost."

"Thank you," I said, "I'm...surprised they never mentioned you or your husband."

"Well considering the running around Winchester did with them, they probably met a lot of people on the way," she said.