22} 𝑇𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑜𝑛

TW: blood, gunshot.

"Armin, I-I... I love you. I... thank you so much," you were bawling, "for everything. You've shown me a happiness I never thought I could experience. You're the love of my life, I know it now. You've done so much for me and," you sniffed, "I can never repay you. I can't continue living without you. I can't do it. I can't go back. Armin... I love you... so, so much." You picked up the gun Eren had given you back when you ran away, and with tears in your eyes, pointed it at your head.

Armin's face grew in horror. "Y/n!" he screamed, fighting to get the gun out of your hand. "Listen to me," he tried speaking calmly, "there's another way. It doesn't have to be this way." He shoved the gun out of your hand and threw it into the front seat, making sure to keep you pinned down tightly. "Listen to me," he said sharply. He rubbed his face against yours, trying to find warmth, trying to get you to snap out of it. You tried fighting your way out, bawling your eyes out because you were determined, but you stopped fighting him. You let him pin you down and hold you back. "I have a plan," he said, his jaw quivering, only hoping you wouldn't do anything rash again.

"Armin, don't lie to me. I've made up my mind. I can't do this anymore!" you were sobbing, trying to get him to understand that you'd given up on looking for an escape.

"I'm not lying! Listen, please! Y/n, calm down and listen to me, will you? Please, it's all I ask."

"What is it?"

"We're going back, but you're not leaving my side, you hear?"

"But—"

"No. Listen to me. I know it's a lot, but it's the only way we can be together. My bosses, they're amazing. They're kind, funny, understanding, you'd be much happier working under us."

"I can't—"

"Let me finish. Your boss. He's trying to control you. He doesn't care about you. You know that. Don't work for him anymore. Help us take down Rose and their leaders. Please. Your friends... have proven time and time again their loyalty to you, right? That ensures them a spot in Sina if they wish for it. Let the firms merge under our leadership. Y/n, please."

"You expect me to forget what they did to my parents... just like that?"

"They didn't do it. I talked to Erwin, my boss, and asked if he knew anything about the L/n's... he said they were murdered by Rose workers. Ones that wanted to keep them silent. It's all he would allow himself to tell me. Y/n, please. You can ask him yourself. I promise I promise you a good life. I promise that you'll be happy forever. Just... trust me. Just this once. Please. I know we can make it out of here... together. It doesn't have to end like this. It's not your time. Please." He caressed your face with tears filling his eyes. He tried keeping it cool, but the mere thought of losing you made the tears inevitable.

You pulled him down and put your lips by his ear. "If you double-cross me, you're dead. I'm trusting you now, but just know my orders are to kill you if given the chance." Of course, you were skeptical of the situation. It seemed too good to be true, but... if it meant you could stay with Armin, even if it was for just a little while longer, you were willing to take the risk.