vii. Rain

AM I JUST SOMEONE WHO CAMEAND WENT LIKE A RAIN SHOWER?

AND WENT LIKE A RAIN SHOWER?

YOONGI PATIENTLY WAITED in front of Bee's front door with his watch practically in his nose. His eyes were following the steady movement of the little hand of his watch, his heart racing as it neared 8 o'clock. He had practically been preparing himself for his first lesson with Bee for a few days before, brushing up on his past piano skills just in case he wanted to try to impress her. Then, he would stop himself because that is not what this was about. This was about helping Bee rediscover her passions, just as she had helped him do so in his past. Well, perhaps a little impressing wasn't totally bad.

Yoongi threw his hand down when it turned 8 o'clock, bouncing on his heels once in anticipation before knocking on the door. Was he too early? Would it make him come off as too excited? He suddenly regretted showing up—waiting—to be on time.

His worries would have to wait. The door swung open, revealing a quite disheveled Bee, her hair in a loose bun with a gray sweatshirt and sweatpants on, as if she had just rolled out of bed. Yoongi wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

"Wow, you were really serious about this," Bee skipped the pleasantries, as always, and chuckled dryly. She opened the door for Yoongi, letting him walk in and swiftly take off his sneakers. "Did you just come back from work?" she asked, walking inside. Yoongi followed.

"Yeah, I did."

"Not tired?" she turned to him, a little gleam of hope in her eyes. "Want a rain check? Want to cancel?"

Yoongi cocked his eyebrow at her pessimism. "I'm good. Thanks."

Bee rolled her eyes in defeat, making her way to the piano that was still untouched from the last time Yoongi had seen it. The mountain of random papers and tissue boxes were still on it, an attempted decorated plant way past dead.

"I see you like to clean," Yoongi pursed his lips and watched Bee take one of her bar stools, setting it by the piano.

"Only for worthy guests," she shrugged, putting her hands in her pockets comfortably as she sat on the stool, hovering over it slightly. "Which you are not," she remarked.

"I'm assuming you don't get a lot of guests," Yoongi couldn't help but chuckle a bit at his own words, making a lazy smile appear on Bee's in turn.

"Har har, you're hilarious," she mocked him. "Sit."

Yoongi obeyed, quietly sitting on the stool and hearing it creak under his weight. His hands hovered over the fallboard, covered with dust. With a questioning look up toward Bee, who had nodded in approval, he gently pulled it open, slowly revealing the keys. The keys that were untouched for years—the two weren't even sure the piano would work.

The sight of the keys had Bee fumbling with her fingers in her pockets, tearing her eyes away from them and down to Yoongi, who examined the keys. "Ever played the piano?"