iv. Moonlight

WHAT CAN I DOI SHOULD JUST KEEP RUNNING

WHAT CAN I DO
I SHOULD JUST KEEP RUNNING

YOONGI MUST HAVE been staring at his computer screen long enough for his eyes to hurt, his mind completely out of his body. Nothing was left. It might have been because of his lack of sleep the night before, courtesy of the annoying fly buzzing around his mind throughout the night. Actually, it was a Bee.

In the comfort of his studio, Yoongi was bouncing his knee as he sat in his desk chair. He was supposed to be making music, but felt as though he were in a drought. His mind was wrung out, all of the imagination and creativity drained. His notebook was blank, and his computer screen was untouched, the mouse frozen in the same place on his astronomic desktop background for minutes.

He couldn't help but think back to the night before. It all traces back to the piano. Out of all of the things he had experienced or witnessed during his baffling times with Bee, the piano stood out the most. She did not seem a pianist—her attitude, her cleanliness, her carelessness, well, a normal pianist wouldn't have that. At least, Yoongi thought so.

He decided to pull on the thread further.

Clicking open an internet browser, he began to type in the search bar.

Bee piano

All that came up was sheet music for the Flight of the Bumblebee. Yoongi almost huffed when he saw a clip-art of a bee playing the piano.

Instead, he pondered for a second before typing once more.

Blee pianist

Yoongi cursed at himself when he pressed the enter keyboard, realizing he had misspelled her name.

Oh? He squinted when he saw a compelling picture of an unseeable woman at a piano. It was a silhouette of her on a stage, playing a grand piano, the light shining from the background which contained a full audience. Could it be her? There was only one way to find out.

He clicked the article, leaning his elbow onto the desk to bite at his fingertips nervously, his knee bouncing in anticipation as the screen loaded up.

The date printed on the article was from a few years back. The article title was what interested Yoongi the most.

"The Renowned Pianist Belle in Hiding? Where is She Now?"

Belle? Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows a bit. He decided to read the article.

"Today marks the first anniversary of the last seen performance by famous pianist Belle at the Moonpike Concert Hall. Today marks the first anniversary of the night of her mistake that cost the once pitch-perfect pianist her entire career, and triggered her disappearance. It leaves us vivid music and piano lovers to wonder—where has she gone?

It was a night to remember, the widely attended recital of the world-famous pianist holding 10,000 seats, every fan anticipating another one of her shows, full of emotion and perfection. However, what they were met with was a jaw-dropping mistake that halted the entire show from the moment the pianist ran off the stage. Then followed the critics, who inevitably pushed Belle out of the spotlight, never to be seen again.