~ Chapter 19

I got to the hotel and met with Blake at the entrance. He called my name repeatedly and attempted to come closer. I sat down, tears threatening to escape.

All i could think about was how he still found it okay to do what he was doing.

I got out of the shower and dried my body. I wore my black lingerie and sat on my makeup chair. My eyes were puffy and thick. I applied makeup to disguise the emotions i felt inside.

I wore a black short dress that held my body delicately. I twirled and turned at the mirror as i viewed my figure. I took my Louis Vinton bag and made my way to the dinner.

I arrived, finding half of the team present, Blake and Damien across each other. Blake stole glances in my area, trying to look away in shame. Damien came and welcomed me to the dinner.

We sat at our respective places and ordered food for the night. Blake was mute half of the night. He hardly spoke nor interacted with the clients. I then stood up and began the meeting.

"Attention, ladies and gentlemen. I believe we are here for business. " I chuckled and handed out the files. "Well, this is the final draft for our agreement." Everyone read the file and verified what they needed to.

" I'm willing to bid at 5%" said Mr Smith.

"I'm willing to bid for 10%" said Mr Dlamini.

"I'll bid 10%" said Miss Williams.

The rest made their bids, then finally closed with a toast. "To power and honor." We raised our glasses and drank to our victory. We wined and dined for the rest of the night and finally took our separate ways.

As i was approaching my car, I heard hurried footsteps behind. "Carol, wait." He exclaimed.

I continued my destination until i felt his hand on my arm. "Don't touch me, Blake." I said calmly.

"Can we please just talk." I turned around and looked up to his eyes.

"Im sorry, Carol. I didn't want or mean for any of this to happen. She came onto me."

"Why didn't you reject her then. You enjoyed as much as she did. " I turned and opened the door to my car.

"Carol, believe me, I never felt anything for her. She blackmailed me. Carol, I love you."

"Yeah, well, I love me too." I closed the door and started my engine.

I looked at the view mirror as I was driving out the parking lot. He leaned against the car defeated and helpless. He then stood up and started kicking the tyres of his car. I didn't enjoy watching him like this, but he had no right to do what he did.

I arrived home and made my way to bed immediately. I looked at myself in the mirror and remembered everything I shared with him. I closed my eyes and imagined him standing in front of me telling me it was all gonna be okay that we would get through this with no problem. I opened my eyes and realized i had tears in my eyes. I hated him so much for making me so vulnerable. so weak.

-------------

Damien

I can't help but think about Carol. I love her so much. i don't want to, but i enjoy it all. How she holds herself how she thinks and talks. If it were up to me, we would elope and live on my island away from everyone and everything.

I was brought back to reality when my phone rang. i looked at the caller ID and realized it was Jade.

"Jade, I have a job for you."

"Anything for you, boss."

"I need you to kidnap someone for me. I'll send you her details."

"Okay, boss. should i kill her, or you will do it? "