Chapter 36 - Evocation

Sapnap was tired. After everything that happened he wanted to finally, finally go home. But of course something had to happen. Something had to change the whole course of the current dynamic between Karl, Quackity and himself.

Karl ran up to him looking panicked as he tackled Sapnap in a hug, Sapnap knew that something must have happened. Karl was shaking so badly and Sapnap didn't let go.

"I'm so sorry." Karl mumbled in his shoulder. Sapnap frowned at this.

"Sorry for what?" Karl only buried his face deeper into Sapnap's shoulder.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sor-"
"Shh, shh it's okay. It's okay, Karl." Sapnap ran his hands through his fiance's hair.

"No, no I messed everything up- I said all those things to Quackity. I did so many things wrong-" Sapnap pulled back from the hug and held Karl's face in his hands. Karl's eyes were red and tears were streaming down his face. Sapnap wiped the tears away.

"Karl, what are you saying?"

"I remember."

----

"You remember everything? Like El Rapids and everything that happened with Big Q?" Sapnap asked and he sat next to Karl. The two were sitting against the wall in Karl's library. Well, it was more like Sapnap was sitting against the wall and Karl was laying his head in Sapnap's lap.

"Yeah. Sapnap all those things I said to him- He probably hates me." Sapnap was midlessely playing with Karl's hair.

"It wasn't your fault. He'll understand."

"What if he doesn't?"

"He loves you Karl. No matter what he said. He loves us." Karl stayed silent after that. The two sat there in silence as day turned to night.

"I still love him. But I don't deserve him. Not after all those unforgivable things I did. We started a country together. He should have been here. He should have been with us all of those nights where we danced around a dimly lit fire. He should have been here for all of this. And I ruined us. I ruined the only family he had." Sapnap could hear the choked back sobs that Karl was fighting.

"Hey, he may have missed that. He may have missed however much stuff. But we can all grow again. We can still bring our family back together. You ruined nothing. You had amnesia." Sapnap may have lost his best friend, but he wouldn't lose this. Not with the chance they had now.

"I wish it was amnesia." Karl whispered. Obviously thinking that Sapnap couldn't hear him.

"What do you mean you wish it was amnesia?" Sapnap asked. Karl tensed at that. But quickly relaxed. He sat up and looked Sapnap dead in the eyes. They were brown. His normal chocolate colored eyes, not the yellow Sapnap had seen recently. Tear tracks were obvious on his face.

"I can trust you, right?" Karl asked.

"A thousand times over."

"There's a deity named XD. He basically can do whatever he wants. No one has been close to stopping him, and he's super manipulative. I- I noticed and was going to tell people. He took my memories." Sapnap felt as though there was a piece of the puzzle missing. A large piece. Something about that story seemed off.

But if that's what Karl remembered, then that's what Sapnap trusted.

"We'll take him down."

"We can't."

"We will."

"There's two of us, Sapnap."

"There's three."

Karl froze at that and just starred a Sapnap tears welling in his eyes. Sapnap gave him a soft smile in return.

"We're going to go to Las Nevadas, and we're getting Quackity back, you hear me?" Karl nodded.

----

"What the fuck do you want?" Quackity asked, standing across from the two. Sapnap gave Karl an encouraging smile. That was truly all it took. Karl launched himself at Quackity. He tackled the other in a hug and they would have fallen over if Quakcity didn't balance himself. Karl was whispering, mumbling apologies. Maybe sobbing them, but Quackity just looked surprised.

Quakcity pulled back, putting both of his arms on Karl shoulders, as if he was holding himself away.

"Is it really you?" Quackity asked.

"Quackity, it's me." Karl replied, smiling softly. That was all it took. Quackity pulled Karl back into a hug and they buried their faces into each other's shoulders.

"I love you. You know that right?" Quackity said, and Karl started crying softly at that. Quackity looked up and caught eyes with Sapnap. The two shared a look for only a moment. Quackity was crying, maybe not as hard as Karl but definitely crying.

It was a simple nod of the head that led to Sapnap jumping into the hug. The three of them all cried on each other.

They all cried and whispered apologies.

They all cried and whispered quiet 'I love you.'s.

They all cried as one god forgot about his pawn.

They all cried as XD turned a blind eye.

They all cried as they finally found home again.

They all cried until they were sobbing messes leaning against each other.

"I'm so sorry. Quackity, I never, and I mean never, should have said those things to you."

"I shouldn't have said those things to you either."

"You both have terrible anger issues."

"It was my memory actually."

...

"Too soon?"

"WHA- YES?!

Yes. This is 900 words of purely Karlnaptiy angst and fluff. I got tired of them fighting. I will make them happy. Even if it's only in my own little story. 

Oh, I also have some old sketches of Niki and Alyssa at the masqurade. I'm not sure if you guys would be ineterested in seeing them.