Chapter 11 - Peek A Boo

Soon after the invitations were received, people were suspicious. Even more so when Dream received one. But Quackity reassured everyone that no conflicts were allowed, and that even mortal enemies had to deal. Including the current escaped criminal. Alyssa, Punz and George were invited as well, for consistency.

The whole Syndicate, everyone. Even his ex-fiance. Which was incredibly hard to do. But he had to invite everyone. And knew they would come. As the finishing touches were added to the inside of the ball room he knew this was going to work. After all, just sending out those invitations was the beginning and he already fooled most of them.

The plan was slowly falling into place, and he was going to be at the top.

5 days later

"Do I have to wear this, Puffy?" Niki whined. "Yes, you need to blend in." Puffy said, pulling the fronts of Niki's hair back. She glanced up at Puffy in the mirror. Puffy herself was wearing a suit, while Niki was wearing a off the shoulders-strap dress that was a dark blue, a change from her usual pink. At the meeting the day before it was decided that all members of the Syndicate would be going. Safety in numbers.

So, Niki had Puffy help her out. Not with the dress, well partly with the dress, but also with hiding Niki's sword. After all that Quackity had done, Niki Nihachu was not going in there unarmed.

Dream pulled his new mask on, simple embroidered with green gems. He was going without the usually smiley face mask, although he would have it with him. Against all logic his whole team was ready to attend a Masquerade hosted by an enemy. Of course with weapons. They couldn't risk being taken hostage.

But somehow Dream was confident it wasn't a trap for them. People seemed to be confused and surprised about it. If this was their plan it was a bad one. "Dream! Hurry up!" Alyssa yelled from the other room. "Coming!" He shouted in reply looking in the mirror one more time before meeting his alli- his friends by the door. "You took longer than me. And I'm wearing heels." Alyssa said. She was dressed in a gray floor length dress with thin straps, her mask already on. Punz was dressed in a white and gold suit. While George was wearing a blue suit with a few mushrooms stitched on it. They turned to Tommy, who was in the corner of the room, not even shouting at them anymore.

"Don't cause any trouble while we're gone." Dream shouted at him before they left.

The server was finally ready to arrive at the Masquerade. The earliest people to arrive were Sam and Purpled, not a surprise since they both worked for Quackity. Next was Badboyhalo, Skeppy and Puffy. He greeted all of them kindly and showed them to the ballroom. People started pouring in after that, Quackity took note of Niki, sensing that she may be armed by how cold she was to most people.

When Technoblade and Philza arrived he didn't make any comments. No, this was supposed to be neutral. And he would keep it that way until further notice.

Techno and Phil immediately made their way over to Niki through the crowd. She had her arms crossed and was holding a drink, but wasn't actually drinking it. Techno himself was incredibly suspicious of the whole 'no conflict' rule. This was Quackity after all. "You think it's a trap?" Phil asked. "Oh, one hundered percent." Niki said right away. "Do you think that it's for Dream?" Techno calirifed. Niki looked him in the eyes. "No." Phil let out a sigh.

"Who is it for then?" "Someone else. Maybe everyone. But not specifically Dream, he wouldn't target him." Just as she finished speaking the group of 'enemies' entered the room. All of them split up, going to different areas. Specifically, Punz was heading straight for them. Niki glanced at Phil who also noticed.