Chapter 17 - Pinned Down

Alyssa woke up in a cold damp cell. The walls all dulled gray stone. This wasn't the prison, but it was a prison. Recently built, she guessed. Alyssa ran up the metal bars and pulled on them, seeing if they were secure. They were, and there didn't seem to be an apparent way out. "Hello?" Alyssa called out, looking at the hallway of stone in front of her. "Alyssa?" A asked hesitantly. "Punz?" She asked in reply. "Yeah, are you okay?" "I'm okay, are you?" She said, sitting down on the ground.

"Mostly, slight headache, but probably nothing." Punz said, Alyssa sighed in relief. They were both fine. Of course she had expected George to betray them, but not like that. Alyssa grimaced at her dress, it was not what she wanted to be wearing under these circumstances. A door slammed loudly in the distance, and Alyssa got to her feet. Sam walked in front of her cell, tossing a bag at her.

"I thought your warden days were over." Alyssa said. "They are. You two aren't in the prison if you couldn't already tell. This is a specific backup location. Only two other people know where it is. But I am not the warden." He tossed a bag somewhere to Alyssa's right, presumably to someone else.

"Get comfortable you two. You're going to be here for a while." Sam turned walking back down the hall. Alyssa opened her bag to see her clothes, along with a loaf of bread and an apple. Great. "Gourmet meals, wonderful." She said to Punz. "Yeah, can't get anything better." Punz replied. Alyssa changed, then started picking at the bread.

It wasn't that stale.

Dream ran, grabbing anything out of chests. He didn't care if it was stealing. He just needed supplies. The Hunters, as he called them, were close behind. Once his friends, now a force bent on killing him, were close. They knew him, and that was the problem. If Dream was going to escape them. He would have to become someone different.

Hannah ran alongside Boomer, the two of them on the edge of the mountain. The sun glared down, casting rays of golden light. She laughed as he stumbled. They were both young. And that's why Hannah revisited this memory. It was from a simpler time. When they were both 13- both unharmed by the world.

Hannah opened her eyes, staring at the landscape before her. It was not the same as her memory. Gray clouds were brewing and the place was cast in shadows. The SMP had fallen. A great deal too. She could almost feel the change. The darkness that had settled there, gathering where it was welcome. Gathering where people turned a blind eye to it.

"This was only the beginning." Quackity said, glaring at the table. "Was it though? Quackity this was a failure. Maybe you should-" Fundy reasoned, walking towards the table. Quackity stared at him. "If you say 'stop' you won't leave this room alive." Fundy gulped backing away. "We need more ... sophisticated plans. Something less public."

"Last time I checked, you had a list. Which of those are you choosing?" Purpled asked. "The most dangerous enemy to me." Quackity said, pacing the room. "Who? Techno?" Foolish guessed. "No. Captain Puffy." He threw a knife down at the map, directly on the place of Puffy's house. "Puffy?" Foolish whispered to himself.

She ran quickly through the woods. Leaves slicked with water dripped down on her head. She burst out into a clearing, staring around at her options. They're weren't many. She could hear them behind her. Puffy ran to the center of the clearing, climbing up the large rock in the center. Purpled and Fundy broke through the treeline. Purpled had his bow raised, and aimed at her.

He let the arrow fly and Puffy moved to the side, the arrow barely tearing through her jacket. She was reaching for a sword when she was a figure in the distance, a familiar figure. But now wasn't the time. She drew her sword and charged down at the two, swinging the disarm. Purpled was too good at swordplay to let that happen, which Puffy knew. Fundy, however... She launched his sword away before hitting him in the head with the butt of her sword.

Purpled swung in retaliation, she moved to the side, grabbing a potion from her waist. Purpled's eyes grew wide just before she threw it down. Puffy couldn't see her hands in front of her, and she couldn't see Purpled either. Luckily she had a potion of invisibility.

Not eager to wait around for the potion to wear off she ran into the woods, escaping once again.

"What did you do this time?" Hannah asked as Purpled walked closer. "Nothing." She gave him a look and he sighed. "It's none of your business, Hannah." "It obviously is if you come to my house to complain."
"What- I wasn't going to complain-" "Sure you weren't, now what do you need?" She said, turning back to her desk. "I want to get out." He said quietly. Hannah froze, turning to her old friend, a look of sympathy on her face. "Out? Like fully away?" She asked. He nodded. "I'm tired of being Quackity's servant, hunting people he wants gone. But I can't do it. Not alone anyway." "Then it's a good thing you have me." She said, smiling at him. "I guess it is." He said in return.

Techno was staring out the window, he wasn't exactly sure what his next step would be. The voices were angry, calling out for blood. Calling for Quackity's death. He was sure he would give it to them. But the time frame that they were expecting was not the best. Ranboo had gone off the grid again, returning to Snow Chester. Niki and Phil were with him, but they weren't powerful enough to break in with just the three of them.

Then there were Tommy and Drista. He wasn't eager to involve them. They were just kids, they shouldn't be in this conflict. But just being in this cabin was a risk to their safety. Then again, there was nowhere else safe for them. So, it had fallen to Techno, Niki and Phil, to protect them. And Techno was going to protect them with his life.