Chapter 21 - Foregone

Niki woke up, a rocky ceiling looming above her. She tried to push herself up but ultimately fell back down. From what she saw, Phil was nowhere in sight. Wilbur however was sitting at a table just outside her cell. Yeah, he had her in a cell. "I wouldn't try to get up yet, it might make your injuries worse." He said. Niki ignored him, he was acting as if he wasn't the one who caused those injuries.

"You blew up a mountain on me." She replied. "Well, you probably wouldn't talk to me otherwise." He said. "Yeah, you wonder why?" She tried to pull herself up on a nearby chair. Wilbur sighed, turning to look at her. Niki could tell he looked different, not just because of the white streak in his hair. There was something else. "I told you not to try that."

"Since when do I listen to you?" She hissed, almost successfully standing, but inevitably flailing once more. "You really should stop."
"Where's Phil?" Niki demanded.
"He's fine." Wilbur replied.

Niki grumbled to herself, then took in everything she could see. If she had strength she could fight Wilbur, but right now she had no chance of it. Phil was also missing, and Wilbur's reservation to tell her where he was could just be old habits. Or he could be hiding something.

"Where. Is. Phil." She shoved herself to her feet and managed to stay there. Wilbur chuckled lightly at her, but didn't give her an answer. So he was just being a bitc-

"He's around. Closer than you think actually." Wilbur finally said, leaning against the bars of the cell. He had this dark smirk on his face, and Niki did not take that as a good sign. She walked over to the bars and leaned against them, a foot or so away from Wilbur. "I'd like to know where he is." She said to him, her tone slightly threatening. "Nah." Wilbur replied, turning and walking away.

She glared at him for a few minutes, but also watched for any and all weaknesses. Wilbur walked back over to the table, and lifted something. Her dagger. "I didn't think I'd ever see you with anything from your past. Much less this." He held it by the tip of the blade and walked over. Niki held his gaze until they were standing right in front of her. Granted, Wilbur had to look down a little to hold eye contact. "Niki, you didn't think that I actually would let you go did you? You were one of the many who left me during Pogtopia. And now I'm back. I get to live again. Have my own dawn, with it comes destruction."

"I'm going after them. Drista, you're in charge." Techno said, reaching for his sword. "But I'm older!" Tommy protested. "Drista's in charge." Techno repeated, and saw the girl give Tommy a smug smirk. Techno walked out the door, heading over to where his horse, Carl, was. He already had a plan. Follow the hoof prints from their horses as far as he could.

He was only a minute into tracking them when snow began to fall from the sky, drifting down in waves. Techno sped up his hair going over his shoulders. The tracks were almost gone but he couldn't give up now. The tracks fully melted back into the snow just when he didn't need them anymore. The mountain collapsed, a pile of ruble.

Techno ran from his horse to the rocks, throwing them to the side if he could. He moved as many as possible, desperately digging. Panic flowing through him. He calmed down after a couple of minutes. Techno looked up, the snow landing on his face. This was going downhill quickly. Something however, told him they weren't there.

Maybe it was the screaming voices he had locked to the side, which were let loose from his panic. Or it was the scent of smoke that was barely in the air. But Techno knew they weren't there.

He felt horrible admitting that he now had other problems. Now he had to find a way to keep the voices at bay again, or he could end up doing much worse than what was in front of him.

Blood dripped onto the ground.

Falling from both of their hands.

Distant footsteps echoing.

Everything was muffled.

Dark and confusing but he could hear them.

Sapnap was alive.