"...anyways, I've been talking your ear off since I got back," I said, settling down next to Bella on the cream sofa, the blush throw soft underneath my fingertips. We were spending the afternoon at hers, with plans to go out clubbing in the evening. Murray was cuddled up to her feet, whereas Lemon was content in my lap. "How've you been?"

Bella shook her head and smiled. "I don't mind it, Aly - really. Your smile... it's genuine. I haven't seen in like this before, and just seeing you so happy is making me happy."

"Don't; you'll make me cry," I chuckled, gently pushing her shoulder. "Oh! You need to tell me how it's going with Marcus. Every time I ask him, he just tells me that it's none of my business," I added with a roll of my eyes.

"Typical man," she uttered with fake disgust before letting out a short laugh, "but no, it's been going so well. We get on so well, have a lot in common, plus he's super fit."

"Anything official yet?"

Bella paused, before shaking her head. "Not quite, however we have agreed to be exclusive. We're just not putting a label on anything yet because it's still early days."

"Yeah, that's fair," I agreed.

"Unrelated to Marcus, there is something else I've been meaning to speak to you about." I offered her a short nod, beckoning her that is was fine to continue. "My father had an idea regarding those anonymous articles that they've been posting at MotionNews. I, uh, I've been offered a position with their company. I was initially going to deny it, I mean, why would I work for a group who only publish something that's going to get them attention regardless of facts or who it might hurt? But my father suggested that I take it to try and get an insight as to who could be publishing the articles and/or when they're going to be released so you have time to prepare some positive media to counter. I told him it's up to you. I can see the benefits, but I'm not just going to work for the company hell-bent on dragging down my best friend. It's fucked."

I wet my lips with my tongue. The conversation had done a complete one-eighty. "As much as I appreciate your father's concern, I think that it would cause more problems than it solves. They know we're friends, I don't doubt a part of the reason for trying to hire you is in an attempt to get an insight. Your talent shouldn't be wasted on some low-life, scummy, company. We can handle anything they throw at me. Besides, they're usually counting down on my socials anyway for the next article."

"Okay, yeah, that makes sense," she replied, "I'm sorry for even bringing it up."

"No, don't be sorry, love." I offered her a warm smile and placed a reassuring hand on her knee.

"So, to turn the conversation back towards something more positive, what amazing co-ordinated outfits should we wear tonight? I have so many new pieces in my wardrobe that would look so sexy on you."

I pulled my mouth to the side as I thought for a moment. "The dress code for the club isn't too strict, right?" Bella nodded her head. "Okay, so I was thinking maybe just jeans and a nice top. As much as I would love to dress super slutty and have everyone looking at me, I'm not going there to impress anyone. The less attention, the better."

"You're leading the Formula One championship, Aly, you're going to get attention no matter what you wear," she said with a laugh, "but, no, I agree. Jeans and a cute top sounds comfy, yet with us wearing it, it'll be sexy enough."