Sneha thought over her statement.

"But, he doesn't love me."

Meena's brows raised.

"Why do you think so? From what I see, he definitely loves you. If he didn't love you, he wouldn't have gone against his father's wishes." She contradicted.

"If he loved me, he would have clearly seen what I want. But, he wants to mould me into the type of wife he wants instead of understanding me or changing himself into my ideal husband." She politely placed her grievances.

"Did he say anything to you?" Meena asked politely as well.

"He doesn't want me to work after marriage."

"Oh, but that is because it is not safe for the women in our family to be out of sight for longer hours. He is allowing his sister to study is in itself a big thing in the family."

Sneha sighed. Of course, she'd take her son's side.

"He doesn't want me to talk to any man." Sneha added.

Meena chuckled at Viraj's childishness.

"He is just jealous. Don't worry. He will get over it with time." She said making Sneha frown.

'Let it be, Sneha. A mother never finds flaws in her child.' She consoled herself and faked a smile.

Slowly, she nodded.

"I'll try aunty...to understand him." She mumbled to get over this conversation too.

It was clear to her that no one in his family will understand her or go against Viraj. So, why try?

They sat silently for a while before Meena spoke again.

"I haven't met your mother, yet. Would you introduce me to her?" Meena asked which Sneha couldn't deny. So, she nodded with a smile and stood to show her the way.

.

.

.

Sneha stood silently beside her mother as she and Viraj's mother conversed about the family and tradition they were supposed to follow soon. Her sister had gone to get a water bottle while her father was taken away by Dev to introduce him to his friends.

"Sneha!" She heard Natasha's voice and she wondered why was she calling her. She was sitting with Ananya and some other cousins of Viraj.

"Mummy, I'll just come." She informed her mother and walked in their direction. It was a relief since she desperately wanted to get away from the women's talk.

"Sneha, come sit." Ananya pulled a chair for her and Sneha sat beside her.

"Jokes apart, Sneha...But, I never thought that you'd say yes to Viraj! Like I thought you knew better than him!" Natasha said as she took a sip of her drink.

'If only it was in my hand.' She thought.

"Don't say like that, Natasha! My brother is the best." Ananya defended her brother.

Natasha couldn't help but choke at her drink and then laughed horribly.

"What world are you in, Ananya! Viraj and best?" Natasha chuckled making Ananya frown.

"So, if your Gaurav is the best then why were you resisting his kisses throughout the party? I noticed the exchange between you two." Ananya asked, a little curiously.

Sneha's brows raised as she realized Ananya's temper rising. She concluded that just like her mother, she too couldn't listen to anything against her brother.