Chapter 3

[EDITED]

Chapter 3: Master...

The soldier took another step forward and the other one followed suit. I backed up but my foot slipped into the pond pulling me down into the cold water. I dived under with a splash wetting all my clothes. He laughed then charged taking the chance,his sword above his head, ready to cut my head in half. I pulled myself to my feet and jumping out of the way before the sword cut through the water. He stares at me amazed that I escaped so quickly. Wow, I thought to myself.

The man growled and charged at me again, missing by an inch as I dodged to the side. The sword furiously lashed at me from left to right leaving me to back up once again. It almost seemed like the sword was in slow motion making it all the easier to dodge it. No sweat at all. That's enough, I thought and grabbed the axe that the boy dropped earlier blocking the final stab directed at my stomach. Sparks escaped as the two iron weapons clanked against eachother. The soldier flew back as I added pressure to rid him of the space between us letting him hit one of the trees some blocks away. I stared in awe of the blow's power. I'm that strong?

My gaze was glued to the unconcious man, completely oblivious that the second soldier was making his way towards me in a tip toe. Fortunately, I heard the sudden rush of footsteps against the grass and the thump thump of the ground shaking beneath my feet. I turned staring at white metal flashing before my face, inches away from cutting my nose off. I staggered back as the cool metal cut my cheek instead. I raised the axe and stopped the next blow directed towards my heart.

The soldier wrestled against my axe which was already beginning to bend back, threatening to brake in half. I kicked out at him mashing my foot into his stomach sending him back a few blocks like the previous guard. His metal chest plate bent inwards after the impact, must've been very uncomfortable. He landing on his feet, perfectly balanced. Taking the adventage of his confusion from the sudden blow, I charged at him as quitely as a ghost. He raised his sword to block the blow but was too slow. My tool dug itself into his helmet giving a loud bang soon splitting in half. The axe sunk into his skull cracking it open then further into his head. Blood splattered out as he fell back lifeless, the axe still stuck in his head, blood pooling out around the corpse. Almost untouched by the scene I grabbed the axe and pulled it out the axe, pieces of the devastated brain attached to it. Blood, almost like goo, drip dropped from the glimmering metal.

Then it hit me. I'm a murderer! The thought screamed in my head. My heart began to thump of the realisation. How could I do that? It almost felt natural, but why?! But it was necessary, an act of defense. They attacked first. No no. It's murder. I"m no better than Israphel now. A sense of depression and helplessness washed over me.

I heard a clickery of bones behind a nearby tree. I slowly turned to see what it could be. A skeleton creeped behind a tree, an arrow knocked in the bow, his aim at me. The mob strung the bow ready to let the arrow go. I stood there, it was better to kill me now than become a murderer. The arrow whistled through the air straight towards me. I closed my eyes ready for the impact, but instead, the arrow zoomed past me. My eyes shit open to look behind me. The soldier lay sprawled across the ground, the arrow protruding from his skull between the eyes. A look of terror in them. His head dropped dead. It looked like the man was crawling towards me, almost as if he was paralayzed by when he hit the tree.

I glanced back at the mob in surprise, almost disappointment that I wasn't dead. The skeleton abandoned his post and approached me, his bow slung across his back. He looked peaceful, like if he was planning some kind of a surprise attack. You can never trust a skeleton, right? It stopped two blocks away from me. His bony face stared into my eyes with... Respect? I stared back at him, half slumped. The axe slipped out of my hand dew to the blood covered it. It thumb against the ground. After a period of time he bowed down offering the bow and quiver full of arrows to me. He declined his head and spoke with a dry voice, "Master, it is an honour."

Master! I screamed in my thoughts. I straightened up in shock. Is Herobrine a master to the mibs? Are they loyal to me now?

"Keep them. I will make my own, soon." I replied gathering up the courage to speak. It was still all abstract to me.

He stood up and nodded, "Do you wish me to accompany you my Lord?"

I thought for a second, An aditional hand wouldn't do any harm I suppose...

"Um..." I began scratching the back of my head uncomfortable, "If it pleases you?"

*******

"So, the enderman don't listen?" I asked while walking through the dark woods. After a while of talking I was beginning to gather more confidence, though it was still obvious I was still very perplexed with the whole situation.

"Yes." He answered, "My Lord, if I may ask, why are you asking these questions?" he sounded puzzled. How do I tell him that I mean no harm? Bar protecting myself...

"You see, I am new to this... Odd world."

"It's been two years since I saw a Brine. What do you men new? Weren't you born as a Brine?"

"No." was my only reply. The memories of my change came crawling back and the hatred for Israphel along with it.

"Then, how? If I may so ask."

It was best to answer him. Maybe he could be of some help at least. "Do you know Israphel?"

"Yes. He doesn't appriciate anything at all. Cruel if you may say. He spent days after days in his laboratory researching something, Notch knows what. I know that because I used to work for him until he fired everyone." The skeleton answered. It was a much longer answer than a simple yes or no. Though it did give me some insight of who Israphel really is. Is he even a man to begin with?

"He changed me. He killed my family three days ago and was off to kill me right after. Guess it wasn't what I expected."

The skeleton didn't reply. He must've been thinking about the whole situation. Surprisingly enough he asked, "So, you don't mean harm?"

"No." I felt like smiling. He understood.

"That figures." He said then smiled, or at least it looked like it on his skull. He then whispered, "For once we have a Lord that will appreciate us and won't send us for war all the time."

I looked down. This is what the Brines were up to. Killing people in different parts of the world. My mood dropped once again, but it seemed almost funny to the skeleton. Now I was one of them, and I have to live it, unless there is a cure. But that's most unlikely.

We walked for what seemed like hours until we reached a vast cave in the middle of a huge mountain. It was noticeable enough if not for the thick cloud of mist hovering about it. We climbed up, block to block. I have to be honest, I nearly slipped off. Once at the top we went inside. That's when the skeleton mostly amazed me.