Chapter 19

Chapter 19: Warnings

After the audition and my anger outburst I headed back to Granny Bacon's restaurant. The King explained that all his troupes have returned just recently and taken up all the rooms in the palace. So having only one option left, I returned to that old woman.

I hid the page in my pocket, my hand always touching it in case someone would want to rob me. When I entered, no one was at the kitchen but a steady smell of roasted meat wafted in the air. I groaned getting a feeling of nausea and headed up the stairs without thinking of anything else but finally healing that wound. I searched all of upstairs for a bathroom and finally came across one. There was everything you would want in a bathroom. A shower, toilet, sink, mirror and a basket for dirty clothes. There was a little shelf with a few perfumes and a first aid kit.

I took my blood stained shirt off and tried to wash it at first, but the black blood didn't want to come off one bit. Well I could've expected that. That's why i 'borrowed' a new shirt from a stall I passed by, glad no one saw me hehe. Having no money is another problem, I can't depend on that granny all the while I spend here. Gotta find somewhere to get money from, I'm sick of stealing.

I sat on the toilet and took the page out. It read:

The spell of healing is a quite simple spell. But the preparations for it might vary depending on the person. No normal potion will help.

At first make sure that the wound isn't infected or dirty or otherwise it will greatly effect the outcome. When the wound is cleaned you must speak the following words five times:

"Wrap thee in cotton
Blind thee with love
Protection from pain
Surrounded like a glove
Brightest of blessings
Surrounding thee this night
For thou art cared for
Healing thoughts sent in flight"

During the process you must not stop the spell no matter what happens during the reciting or otherwise it will fail and lead to many difficulties.

I stared at the paper for a while pondering the words. Well this'll be fun; trying to remember all of this.

Well off to work then. I put the page back down and begin to go step by step. I stepped inside the shower and begin to wash out the wound properly. The stinging from soap kicked in almost immediately. I groaned and continued on. When all the dry blood was off my body i stepped out and grabbed a clean towel and begin to dry myself.

When I was ready I made sure the door was locked and the only window closed shut. Alright. Time to begin. I put the page into the frame of the mirror not bothering to try and remember it as the stinging still bothered me and begin reciting slowly at first.

- Wrap thee in cotton....- I began and continued on without stopping. A warm feeling flowed through my veins almost comforting. I relaxed slightly and continued on. The sensation traveled around my body until it all rested on the area of the wound and begin to swirl around. A sick feeling suddenly washed over and i choked slightly trying not to throw up whatever there was even to throw up. In the middle of the choking I spat the words out of the last line, - Healing thoughts sent in flight....-

Second time.

An unbearable pain shot through my body with the second sentance. I gasped and choked on words then as soon as I regained my breath I continued. The pain pulsed with every finished sentence and a sick feeling soon washed over me. I could feel myself go even more payer than it is.

Third time...

I could feel my muscles twists and stretch giving me the worst kind of cramps. My body often jerked backwards just and try to soothe the pain but to no avail. My breathing became shallower and at times I could hear the sink crack under my grip. At this moment all I could think of was to curl up into a ball and cry my eyes. I often just screamed the words out unable to take the pain.

Fourth....

As I looked down the fourth time, remembering the verse just a little I could see my skin growing back together as if it was pure liquid. The sick feeling returned to me and I had to look away. The pain still pulsed and the world swayed a little. I shook my head and regained the balance then continued on... I literally spat the last words out.

Fifth......

The became milder now and the warm feeling returned to me. My body shook all over and i was covered in sweat. The pain disappeared at the last three sentences and I slightly relaxed.

- Healing thoughts.... Sent in... Flight.. Urgh....- I almost whispered. As I finished the spell, I collapsed onto my knees unable to stand anymore and hugged myself still shaking uncontrollable.

Remind me to never do this again....

~~~~

- Ahh, Welcome back!- the King cheered as I walked into a giant room. It had brick walls with a few columns here and there holding a platform with only a few boards with obstacles around them. Targets were lined up on the walls, high or low. Dummies set up in one area and a small pool in the right corner of the room. The floor was made out of dark wood and it would've looked new if not for all the scratches in it. There were a few stands with wooden swords, shield and armour beside me.

The King was standing right beside them holding two wooden swords and a helmet.

- Greetings.- I replied already excited. After the little sparring session we had (where I unfortunately tried to kill him unsuccessfully) I knew he wouldn't go easy on me.

I came here the next the day like he instructed me. He chose the day as he still has his duties during the night, and no one would suspect anything.

The last I healed the wound and slept straight after feeling totally new when I woke up. Granny Bacon and I came to an agreement that I can stay for as much as I need in the house and take any food as long as I help her with the restaurant. It's a pretty good thing if you think about it. At least I'm in no ones debt. She even offered me three coins for my work. Such a nice woman.

- Thank you for the page, sire.- I said still being formal but not to a point where I would be his peasant. I don't want to act as someone under his control, or anyone's control for a matter of fact.

- Just don't get it lost or in the wrong hands. It's very powerful.- he replied putting a leather chest plate on him. - May I have a look?-

I lightly rolled up the new black shirt revealing nothing but perfectly healthy skin. He smiled and nodded, - Now, listen to me boy,- he began and thrusted a sword and the leather helmet towards me, - If you do go nuts during our training or if you destroy my city, I WILL lock you up in a special cell. Do you understand that?-

- I do.-

- I take your word. So keep that anger under control. Now, shall we start?-

I nodded, the helmet equipped and sword held in hand.

------

A/N

Hello everyone! You dont even know how pissed I am! I wrote this chapter on the plane, IT WAS FINISHED but guess what, Wattpad has to be a douchebag and delete half of it! Yay :D

So I had to rewrite it aaaaall. How awesome -n-

Well I did add a few extra things so the chapter actually came out pretty long. I know ye like long chapters with long paragraphs~ hur hur hur.

Well tell me what ye think of this chapter, cuz I tried to picture every detail of the spell so um yeah.

A BIG thank you to @WoodiestComics for helping me find a spell cuz you know, I never actually had an idea for it until the very last minute XDD (this is also why I haven't written the chapter earlier)

So I dedicate the chapter to @WoodiestComics (even tho I dont think there's an option for that in the app

Well, Im out! Baiii