Chapter 23

Marie's pov

I yawn rubbing my eyes. Benn still asleep like Jack. Benn sleeps like Matt with his mouth open just a little bit. I tried standing up and I felt a shocking pain go up both my legs. It hurt so much so I sat back down.

"Marie what are you doing?" Jack asked me.

"I tried to stand up." I sighed.

"You have to take it slow, baby girl. I'm gunna go home okay?" He said.

"Okay but why?" I asked.

"I'm gunna bring us a bag full of clothes and I'll bring your phone and Benn's iPad." Jack said.

"Oh okay." I said laying back down on the bed.

Jack's pov

I unlocked the front door going to Benn's room finding a pair of clothes, sneakers, and pajamas. After grabbing his clothes I had to go to our bedroom. I exhaled shakily twisting the knob to our room. I looked upon the dried blood on the floor. I placed Benn's clothes down grabbing my dark blue Under Armour duffle bag. I placed Benn's clothes in the bag then placing is iPad in the bag. I grabbed my clothes and a pair of sneakers. I had to find the perfect outfit for Marie with a pair of Vans. After finding the outfit I grabbed an old rag. I dipped the rag in cold water and I started rubbing the floor with it. I shivered at the sight of cleaning Marie's dried blood off of the floor.

"All done." I said throwing the rag out in the trash.

I grabbed Marie's phone and two chargers placing them in the duffle bag. Later grabbing some snacks for us so we don't have to always eat hospital food. Also grabbing our toothbrushes and hairbrushes. Also some pull-ups since Benn still isn't potty trained.

I drove back to the hospital. Still in time for the sonogram.

"Jack I'm gunna need a wheelchair." Marie said.

"No Marie their coming in here so you don't have to get up." I said handing her her iPhone 6.

"Jack get Benn so we I can get a picture," Marie smiled as I grabbed Benn.

"Duck lips!" Benn yelled sticking his lips out more.

"Such a cutie," Marie giggled.

'A bullet and knife wound, I'm still going strong for these two well four. Finding out the genders today. Benn thinks they are both girls 👭. Jack and I believe for a boy and a girl 👫.' Marie posted tagging me in her post. I liked it then looking at the comments. All comments of 'get well' or 'what happened?' or 'stay strong 💕'.

Three knocks were at the door. I opened the door letting the doctor in. She pushed some type of machine.

"Hello Marie. Today we are going to find out the gender of your babies and when your due." She smiled as Marie pulled her shirt up a little bit.

"The gel is going to be cold," the doctor said as she squeezed the blue gel out of the bottle.

She moved the device around Marie's stomach. She studied the picture. She smiled at the picture.

"Well your due is most likely June eighteenth. Would you all like to know the genders?" She asked.

"Yeah!" Benn yelled trying to get on the bed.

"Yes," Marie and I chuckled as I pulled Benn onto the bed.

"Okay," she laughed. "You are having girls."

"Thank you," I smiled.

"Just doing my job." She smiled taking the machine and leaving us.

"I told you mommy," Benn smiled.

"You're so smart." Marie giggled pink chin his cheeks.

"I know," Benn said making me chuckle at him.

"Boy." Marie stated as I nodded.

"But their girls," a confused Benn said.

"I know me and mommy are talking about something else," I said.

"Oh okay. But are the babies gunna be named Sky and Summer?" He asked as Marie and I nodded.

Ring. Ring. Ring. My phone went off. An unknown number. I pressed the green button.

"Hello?" I said.

"This is detective Bradley. Cameron Anderson is accused of having a gun without a permit, assaulting your wife and the murder of his wife. He will be put behind bars for the rest of his life expectancy." He said as I sighed is relief.

"Thank you very much," I smiled.

"No problem. If you have anymore problems please call me," he said as I ended the call saying goodbye and another thank you.

"Marie he's gone, put behind bars." I smiled as Marie hugged me.

"Thank you Jack. I don't know if I'd be here today if it weren't for you," Marie smiled giving me a short passionate kiss.

"Benjamin wouldn't be here either," I said kissing his forehead. "Or Skylar and Summer."

I kissed Marie's stomach. I looked up at her with an idiotic smile while she looked down at me smiling.

"I love you so much!" Marie exclaimed.

"I love you too Marie!" I exclaimed back at her.

"When I get out of here we are going to set up their room." Marie said.

"You got it babe!" I smirked at her.

"I wanna help," Benn interrupted my thoughts.

"Well are you gunna be Benn the Builder?" I asked him.

"Benn the Builder at your cervix," he smiled doing a salute.

"Service Benn not cervix," I laughed.

"Oops sorry daddy," Benn said.

"It's okay Benn," I said ruffling his hair up.